System #230 (Expression 13A, Stage X, Vanquish, Depth i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobs

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Mobs

2. Location: South Florida

3. ML Model(s): Montis, Stage X, Dual Depth i's, Vanquish Surrounds

4. Year Purchased: 2008-2014

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics: Marantz AV7702, Oppo BDP-103 Blu Ray, HTPC, Mac Mini, DirecTV Hr44, Xbox One, PS4, Panasonic 65VT50 65" Plasma, 3 Moon Simaudio 400M (front three), 1 Moon Simaudio 330A (surround) amps.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I am the fortunate new owner of these Vistas and this Depth as all three were purchased from this wonderful site's classified forum just two days ago. I picked up the Fresco as it was on close out at Sound Advice and got a wonderful deal on it as well. It will be my temporary center (though it is performing quite well I must say). The goal is to get the plasma on the wall and then replace the Fresco with a Stage.

I was not looking for another sub, but I just could not pass up on the offer and am finding that as of right now, the Depth and the Velodyne are pairing well with each other. The depth gives a tight punch, then the Velodyne rumbles.

I currently have the Denon 4308 Bi-Amping the Vistas. There is little doubt that I will be investing in some amps in the very near future, but I will most likely continue to use the 4308 as the pre.

JBL S38's are my surrounds (from prior set up) and they even seem happier now.

I am still playing and learning. Music is wonderful as expected, but after watching a movie last night, it is my opinion that these speakers are quite versatile. More so than I have heard many claim.

It has been a dream of mine to own ML's since I had my first listen approx 15 years ago and am humbled to own my FIRST ;) pair. I had been holding on to my JBL S312's for ages waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on some ML's. Special thanks to the Mrs. for giving me the green light.

She had seen them before as I had shown them to her many times. Even with that, she was a little put off to these sexy designed ML's at first as seeing them in a showroom/advertisement and in your family room can give a different impression. I explained to her that as she listens to them, they will become even more attractive and she will love them.

Well, all it took was one concert on Blu Ray of her fello Colombiano Shakira. I put it on for her, gave her the remote and told her not to be shy about turning it up. Many db's and about 1 hour later, she looked at me, smiled and said "I love them".

I do not consider myself and audiophile by any means, and I am humbled by the beauty, treatments and sophisticated electronics that many other owners have displayed here on this forum.

Well, here is a photo of mine. More to follow as I make changes.

img2523cr0.jpg

Later

Last edited:
Mobs, Welcome to the "Funny Farm" ! Nice looking sytem for sure !
Now if the wife , or significant other dosen't mind, try bringing your Vista's out another foot or so. I think you will like what you hear, let us know !

That system looks GREAT! Love the clean lines! Bet it sounds great too! Welcome to the group...

Fantastic clean system! I like it and how you integrated everything into one well-appearing front line.

I just wanted to update my system to its current status. Many changes since my Vistas in 2008. :)

IMG_0120.jpgIMG_0122.jpgIMG_0121.jpg

Latest posts

Back