A gift

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregLett

Reaction score
After 20+ years in the business my local dealer is closing up shop. He gave me this out of the display window.

Attachments

• 116_1692.JPG
    116_1692.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 116_1693.JPG
    116_1693.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 272
Looks nice Greg, now what you need to do is create some 'Blue' backlighting for it.

Why is he closing shop
Retiring? Or can he just not make it work anymore?

It's a combination of things. He had a long time partner that died a few years ago at the store. Since them he has not been able to take a break. In addition the the leasing company is raising the rent to an unreasonable level. Put all of those things together and it just becomes too much for one man to bear. He will take a few months off, but will have to do something for a living down the road. I'm hoping he reopens again, they aren't too many dealers like him left.

Greg -

Is that AudioVisions? I'll be sorry to see Steve leave the business. I recently bought my ARC Ref 3 from him. He was always fair, friendly and fairly knowledgeable. This means going back to Lyric to buy ARC stuff. That also means paying full list price. Bummer!

BTW, I would not use Harvery's for the purchase of ML stuff. They are arrogant and unconcerned.

Greg -

Is that AudioVisions? I'll be sorry to see Steve leave the business. I recently bought my ARC Ref 3 from him. He was always fair, friendly and fairly knowledgeable. This means going back to Lyric to buy ARC stuff. That also means paying full list price. Bummer!

BTW, I would not use Harvery's for the purchase of ML stuff. They are arrogant and unconcerned.

Yes it's him. I know bummer. I can't stand those other stores. Even the ones I've purchased from in the past, still have their nose stuck in the air. I will either drive out of state, mail order or buy used on Agone.

This means going back to Lyric to buy ARC stuff. That also means paying full list price. Bummer!

Seth, Be sure to check out John Ratan @Audio Connection over in Verona, NJ
ARC guy, good fair pricing, and has always been a pleasure to do business with.

Look at this shot

Atma-sphere MKIII and the sign.

amps are on loan BTW.

Attachments

• 117_1724.JPG
    117_1724.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 106
Back