Audio meet in San Antonio January 19th

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id love to be there and fly away from this 3* weather we have but unfortunately Ill be at a dyno event with my other hobby! Diesel Trucks

Sounds like a plan. There will be guys from San Antonio, Austin and Houston that I know of. Should be a good turn out. Don't forget to bring some tunes you like and any gear if you feel so inclined.

See you Saturday. :music:

To all the Texas members that didn't go, you missed out! Luthor was a great host and we had some great barbeque. Some great music was played and it was very interesting hearing the different gear. Man, I love that turntable and it produced some great sounding music. The pictures don't do it justice. Those behemoth speakers in the living room were made by Luthor and had a huge sound. You'd think he had twin subs going, but it was all coming from those speakers. The CLSs were set up for movies, but for music we listened to them without the subs. All I can say is, thank you very much Luthor for opening up your home to us and for the great time I had!

Thanks for the kind words Steve. The pleasure was all mine. I LOVE this stuff. I guess that is we have been holding meets almost every other month for about five years now.

Sorry I'm so late to post my thanks, but I just got back from Waterloo records downtown Austin, buying some of the music I heard at Luthor's house.:music:

Thanks for the generous hospitality Luthor, I had a real enjoyable time. Nice group of guys, good eats, and lots of great gear...and music.

It took me an hour or so to get tuned back into my (modest by comparison)system, but I'm enjoying my new Lucinda Williams disc right now (thanks Steve for playing this yesterday), so it's all good.

Mike

Sorry I'm so late to post my thanks, but I just got back from Waterloo records downtown Austin, buying some of the music I heard at Luthor's house.:music:

Thanks for the generous hospitality Luthor, I had a real enjoyable time. Nice group of guys, good eats, and lots of great gear...and music.

It took me an hour or so to get tuned back into my (modest by comparison)system, but I'm enjoying my new Lucinda Williams disc right now (thanks Steve for playing this yesterday), so it's all good.

Mike

That's what I like best, discovering new (to me) music. I like to see the "Sunday Morning" thread, so I discover new stuff. You can't have too much!

For those of you who were at January 19th's meet in San Antonio and listen to these speakers that Fred brought. He gave them to me and I'm refinishing them. Here is a before and after shot. They are Dynaco A-25. The 1969 Scanspeak version.

Refinishing:
block sanded with some 220 grit paper
block sanded with some 400 grit paper
first coat of Deft semi-gloss clear wood finish
hand sanded lightly with some 600 grit paper
second coat of Deft semi-gloss clear wood finish
that's it

rogers.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back