Watch Connoisseur's Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You caught that did you? I have a ca. 1950's Omega Seamaster auto winder, that's as fancy as I go right now.
And, as I posted before, I have a 1971 Omega Dynamic.......for which I paid the princely sum of $90. Granted it was 36 years ago, but I find it mind-boggling to pay $5K for a watch.

another to consider.....

Attachments

• chopard.jpg
    chopard.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 139
Here are a few from my collection...

Top and left are two Patek Philippe automatics. Next is the Russian watch. Beside it is my Panerai Luminor GMT Automatic and last, but not least, the Rolex Submariner.

238211610-M.jpg

Last edited:
A Chopard, Adam? Kinda dressy for the ER don't you think? Heheheh.... I can see it now, the Chopard covered in blood.... ew...

I know a few Anesthesiologists with Pateks.... nice watches, though they tell me they're not as reliable as they would like them Pateks to be.

Joey

A Chopard, Adam? Kinda dressy for the ER don't you think? Heheheh.... I can see it now, the Chopard covered in blood.... ew...

I know a few Anesthesiologists with Pateks.... nice watches, though they tell me they're not as reliable as they would like them Pateks to be.

Joey

Anything covered in blood - ew......

That is the absolute first I've heard anyone say watches of this calibre are not reliable. Do you know what they mean by that? I've only ever heard good things - and my Maurice Lacroix is now over five years old and never had any issues.

Anything covered in blood - ew......

That is the absolute first I've heard anyone say watches of this calibre are not reliable. Do you know what they mean by that? I've only ever heard good things - and my Maurice Lacroix is now over five years old and never had any issues.

Not everything!

I've always wanted a GMT Master, now there's just more reason to get one with the ceramic one! ;)

watches are machines, so will need maintenance. if you get automatics you might also want to get a watch winder, which is also a machine, and will also need maintenance. oh well, what are hobbies for!

like some watch collectors, i went through an anti-rolex phase. eventually one joined the gang, via a christmas gift from my wife who knew i was hunting for a relatively hard to find model. no more excuses needed.

RX279-NP0.jpg

I'm going to hunt down a GMTII Ceramic... can't beat that new and improved watch!

Rolex ftw!

Joey

Good god that looks good...
ro5575_gmtII_dial_1.jpg

Last edited:
If I were rich....

Here's a beauty.. I think it retails for 8200 bucks.... SO beautiful, IMHO. Zenith makes great watches, but they are all so very expensive.

Zenith Defy Classic Aero Mens Chronograph Automatic

Attachments

• zenith white.jpg
    zenith white.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 158
  • zenith black.jpg
    zenith black.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 152
Hey Tom!

I saw your Omega Seamaster the other day and, boy, it's niiice! You got the GMT?

Cosmo - want one.

watches are machines, so will need maintenance. if you get automatics you might also want to get a watch winder, which is also a machine, and will also need maintenance. oh well, what are hobbies for!

like some watch collectors, i went through an anti-rolex phase. eventually one joined the gang, via a christmas gift from my wife who knew i was hunting for a relatively hard to find model. no more excuses needed.

RX279-NP0.jpg

If you buy that from a dealer in the UK, you pay around £4,000. It's immediately worth £6,500 on the used market, as they're so rare. Of course, to buy one you must first get onto a waiting list at a rolex dealer. I've been trying for 3 years now just to get onto the waiting list.

Every time I travel through a major airport, I'm checking the Rolex dealers, just in case they've got one in stock at the time I go through.

Cheers,

David

Yes, the Daytona SS is very very rare and sought after! If I ever saw one in person, I'd buy it regardless of how I pay for it.

Aw man... I just found out that the Rolex YachtMaster in steel is a whopping $8,000.

Alright, that's out of the picture. *Sigh*... maybe when I become an attending.

Good bye Yachtmaster.... :(:(
16622_front01_.jpg
Joey, that YachtMaster is the best watch I have seen on these pages so far (after mine, of course :D). I am not a fan of watches with multiple dials and winders; I prefer a clean, classic look. I do realize that divers require specialty watches, but when you are in surgery with your hands in someone's innards you do not need a depth gauge.

I do realize that divers require specialty watches, but when you are in surgery with your hands in someone's innards you do not need a depth gauge.

ROFL!!!

And yes, the YM is the prettiest watch I've seen in a while. Pics dont do it justice at all.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Stupid $8300 retail price...

Rolex should've made the YM in all Stainless Steel instead of having the combo SS/Platinum. I really don't need the bezel to be platty... I just need it to be NOT $8K+!

Back