Martin Logan On Youtube

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the clip where the guy unboxes his Summits about 3 or 4 times before you posted the link. It's a slow process, but I completely identify with him. It probably took me an entire day to get my Summits out of the box and into its prelim spot. Even my recent Cary 05 took me about 6 hours to get from box to rack...

LOL...

That's 9 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Thrilling!
And I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous.

That's 9 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Thrilling!
And I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous.

That is the most boring thing I have ever watched. I had my Summits from the garage to listening in like 5 minutes. Of course tweaked after that...

I have seen the clip where the guy unboxes his Summits about 3 or 4 times before you posted the link. It's a slow process, but I completely identify with him. It probably took me an entire day to get my Summits out of the box and into its prelim spot. Even my recent Cary 05 took me about 6 hours to get from box to rack...

LOL...

6 hours???? Did you sit down and watch Gone With Wind real quick during set up or perhaps perscribe some pain killers to yourself???? :D

I got the Monolith (120 lbs each) from the garage to the basement and set up in 20 mins.

Joey what up? 6 hours??? :confused:

6 hours???? Did you sit down and watch Gone With Wind real quick during set up or perhaps perscribe some pain killers to yourself???? :D

Joey what up? 6 hours??? :confused:

I take my time! I told you, I identify with that guy... I'm slow and meticulous. I fold every plastic bag, I stack every little box, I put the styrofoam inserts into a tower.

I'm a freak man... and I don't need help! :D

LMAO hard . I guess if i was gonna take a day of it but hell I have set up and re boxed systems in 2 hrs

LMAO hard . I guess if i was gonna take a day of it but hell I have set up and re boxed systems in 2 hrs

I seriously don't know how you guys do it... it takes me forever and a half! I clean every crevice and use white gloves (I got it from av123), too! You guys are making me feel bad... :eek: ...

Its Ok , you always are in phase and never have had any hurried mishaps probably either. Don't sweat it !

I seriously don't know how you guys do it... it takes me forever and a half! I clean every crevice and use white gloves (I got it from av123), too! You guys are making me feel bad... :eek: ...

I am just giving you a hard time...Hey I was at my sons house and we were doing the normal rush setup and we blew up the left channel in a Musical Fidelity A5. Fire coming out of the top and everything. Something to be said for being very very very slow. :p

I found the CNBC piece interesting. ML has $20 million in sales,not bad moving 15K units. On another site it is stated Wilson Audio has about $20 mil in sales also.

since these looked like they may have been shipped - I wonder if the guy took the movie - originally - to verify any damage in shipping - then made it into this.... I don't know - call me wierd - that reminds me of when I got my Odysseys.... and the freaking anticipation to get them unboxed.... They are not so easy - the boxes are around 7 feet tall and it is very difficult to get your arms around. It took me quite awhile to get them in my basement.... The shipper helped me get the first one down the steps ..... where it got stuck at the bottom of the stairs... I had to come up with Herculean strength to get it dislodged.... I am in my basement - blocked by my speaker - and the guy says 'Sorry, I gotta go.'.... :)

LOL...

I've unboxed and setup entire systems in less time.

I take my time! I told you, I identify with that guy... I'm slow and meticulous. I fold every plastic bag, I stack every little box, I put the styrofoam inserts into a tower.

I'm a freak man... and I don't need help! :D

So, for a doctor....Gooood qualities!
Take your time, man. Take your time.

I took four days to unbox and set up my Ascent i when I got them. I was in the process of working on an MBA in the evenings, and knowing that I'd end up playing with the new speakers for hours if I connected them to anything, I just pulled the top boxes off and left them there until the weekend when I was done with that week's class project.

I have great self-control :)

Latest posts

Back