System #226 (CLX)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone.
I'm happy with my equipment but still in process of improving room acoustics..

New family member: Lyra Titan i

LyraTitani_zpsafaf58a6.jpg

It's a nice change from Benz but don't we all wish we had two arms (turntable) :ROFL:

It's a nice change from Benz but don't we all wish we had two arms (turntable) :ROFL:

My new turntable, on order, has a stand alone arm pod. I can add more arm pods in the future. I really want two so that I can mount a purely mono cartridge on the extra arm.

I have noticed that many members are using Nordost cables in their system and some are using cable lifters. Here’s my trick to combine those two. This way you can run Flatline speaker cables and keep them off the floor.
Take a piece of plastic (PVC) tubing and cut a slot(s) with sharp knife. It’s so easy and inexpensive. The top piece of tubing is used to create a better hold just in case housekeeping is messing with my cables.

Very Clever. Looks great!

I was wondering what your ARC components were (I like ARC too), so I went to Page 1 of this thread...your equipment list needs to be updated.

Very nice system!

Interesting lamps.

Before purchasing my line source loudspeakers I had listened to them with ARC vacuum tube main amplifier and preamp with a high end top loading micromega front end.

I think I know why the CLX is called CLX Art. Just like a beautiful artistic photo or painting takes our breath away. In the same way CLX with ARC reproduces music with amazing sound staging. It's like a story unfolding through visual images. Only the visual images are seen through listening!

Have fun!

Wow this is so beautiful. What are those diffusers at the back, the lamps are also set up so nicely

Yes, my initial post is out of date but there is a link to more resent list of components. I like to keep it that way just to remind me of my audio history :cool:

Diffusers are 2D-diffusers from Hofa, they are reasonably priced and available.
https://www.google.fi/search?q=2d+diffuser&espv=2&biw=1646&bih=863&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9ishVNOpFOj_ygPfsoLQAQ&ved=0CB0QsAQ
Actually things are as they are based on necessity while still trying to keep things somewhat visually pleasing.

Of course videos don't make justice for the real sound quality but I just felt like playing around with my camera so take it as fun nothing serious :p

Marrku, sent you a PM. Do you listen to Multichannel classical on this system, in multichannel?

I might if I didn't have neighbors behind the wall.
Anyways with room treatments bass is acceptable and not too much overwhelming, I had really serious issues with Odyssey ..
Room response is down -6dB at around 35Hz and that's OK for popular music maybe not for organ or movies but those are not on my playlist.

Hola, Beautiful system. Audio Research is one of the brands that sings along with Martin Logan. A well dedicated and chosen components and tons of time to get those goose bumps in details and nuances. Congratulations. A breath taking system. Happy listening!

Last edited:
I might if I didn't have neighbors behind the wall.
Anyways with room treatments bass is acceptable and not too much overwhelming, I had really serious issues with Odyssey ..
Room response is down -6dB at around 35Hz and that's OK for popular music maybe not for organ or movies but those are not on my playlist.

What happened with Audessey

What happened with Audessey

Never tried Audyssey but I had power amp with build-in DSP to biamp Odyssey woofers - even though LF was quite good sounding, integration from LF to HF suffered ever so slightly. I absolutely wanted to keep HF analog from beginning to end, not compromise with AD/DA conversation.
CLX with room treatments is providing better quality bass with less problems, of course extension is reduced from sub 20Hz to sub 40Hz.

Back