1. Member Name: Jonathan Foulkes - AKA: JonFo
2. Location: Big Canoe, GA (Atlanta Metro)
3. ML Model(s): Monolith III Active X-over, Sequel IIb, SL3XC
4. Year Purchased: 1993 - 1995, 2006
5. Mods/Changes: DriveRack 4800 speaker processors as active X-over / Delay / EQ for Monolith’s, center and sub. DriveRack 260 speaker processor for rears. Updated woofers on Monolith, see description of update to new Peerless units at the thread on this forum.
Built my own Center Channel based on an SL3
6. Associated Electronics:
- Denon AVP-A1HDci Processor
- Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 5x400 for panels
- Sunfire Cinema Grand 5x200 for sides, rear woofers and center mid-bass array
- Sunfire stereo 2x200 for Monolith Woofers
- Crown XLS602 2x600 (4Ohm) for Infinite Baffle sub
- DBX DriveRack 260 speaker processor (Rears )
- DBX DriveRack 4800 speaker processor (Monolith,SL3XC, sub, tactile transducer)
- Guitamer Buttkicker 1000w amp and Tactile Transducer (on couch)
- Denon DVD2930ci Universal player
- Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player
- Panasonic DMP-BD75 Blu-Ray player / Netflix streaming
- Sony PlayStation3 - streamed content and Games (GT HD)
- DirecTV HR20-700 High Definition DSS DVR (x2)
- Pioneer Elite CLD-97 (w/AC-3 upgrade) LaserDisc player
- HTPC - quad core, 3GB w/ATI 4750 video card with HDMI and HDMI audio (bitstreams HD formats)
- Sony G70 8” CRT front projector, Stewart Studiotek 130 micro-perf screen
- Moome HDMI with HDCP input card for G70, includes IR adjustable Gamma Control (upgraded from prior DVI card)
- Fully automated AV controller using Cebotics Housebot
- RealTraps and RPG Acoustics room treatments
- Custom acoustic treatments
- Balanced Power subsystem
- Salamander Design racks (twin 7' units) in dedicated, cooled equipment room
7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
Love the Sound quality of these large Electrostats, when hosted in a room designed for them, they really come alive.
Now with a full room treatment using 25 RealTraps, plus a dozen more RPG and Auralex products and my custom side treatments, the sound is superb and it looks wonderful as well.
I finally got the center channel I always wanted by designing and building it myself. Results are incredible.
Using a large Infinite Baffle sub really allows the Monoliths to shine.
See more comments, details and pictures at my site
8. An image of your system.
Here are front and rear panoramic views of the home theater: