Luka Bloom - Innocence

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theWB

Reaction score
Artist: Luka Bloom
Title: Innocence
Released: 2006
Label: Cooking Vinyl
Genre: Pop, Folk?

First off my apologies to Kruppy for beating him to the punch on this review. I initially listened to this CD once and shelved it not pulling it out again until recently. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind, maybe I was expecting something else, but for whatever reason I was wrong about this disc.

I have been listening to this disc continually for the last few weeks, can't believe I didn't grasp the beauty of the music or the lyrics on my first listen.
There are some wonderful gems on this disc.

The opening track "Primavera" a beautiful love song with Luka's guitar sprinkled sparingly throughout the song.

Title track is a song of remembrence to simpler times as a child and of a first love.

"Miracle Cure" finds Luka entreating the world to step back and realize the most direct path to happiness and peace is simply forgiving those that trespass against us.

"June" is so Van Morrison like in both lyrics and rhythm it's scary.

"I Am Not At War" Very poignant and insightful lyrics.
"I don't need to be friends with everyone
I'd just like to live in peace with everyone"

The more I listen the more I like:music:

Attachments

• 3941456423.jpg
    3941456423.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 128
Wayne,
No need to apologize, I’ve been very much delayed in writing up a review for this recording.

My experience with this disk is pretty much the same as yours. When I originally bought this disk I was a little disappointed in it. For me it was the addition of the clarinet to a number of the songs distracted me from the rest of the music and song writing. I shelved it for a while. After repeated listening, I’ve grown to really enjoy and appreciate this disk much more.

My favorites are: Innocence, First Light of Spring (probably my favorite, a lot of emotion in this song), Gypsy Music and June.

Money well spent.....

:music:

Latest posts

Back