CLS/CLS II Panel Replacement Instructions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Jeff Zaret for this.

Click HERE to see instructions

From the heading "Jeff's Notes" until the end of the page all references to figures are off by two; i.e. "Fig.1" really refers to Figure 3, "Fig.2" to Figure 4, and "Fig.3" to Figure 5.

I'm glad to finally find these instructions. I may need them some day.

thanks

Thanks to Jeff Zaret for this.

Click HERE to see instructions
Whoops, I see that your post was from 2007, the linked page doesn't exist any more. Do you know of an updated link, maybe?

It is actually simple though another pair of hands is helpful but not mandatory.
Turn the frame and panel on its side and position your self behind speaker.
Place one hand on the inside curve of the panel in the center top to bottom.
Place the other hand on the panel at the top of the outside above the inside hand.
Push on the center of the panel. At it flexes it will reduce the width of the panel allowing it to come out of the groove it is held in. With the hand on the outside to push the top edge of the panel toward you behind the speaker.
Just work you way along the panel.
It is easier if you start at the top or bottom and work to the other end.

Once the panel is out you set the new panel in the groove on the bottom and flex the panel back into place. It a reverse process from the removal. I have removed panels a few times and it is actually quite easy.

Hope this helps

Here are the stat panels instructions for the CLS...
Happy listening!

Attachments

• CLS_Transducer_Replacement_rev030711.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 89
Hola Harlequin,

Each stat panel comes with the instructions inside of the carton box. I do not have done any replacement yet. There are about 10 pairs of CLXs here. I have one of them.

Happy listening!

Hola Harlequin,

Each stat panel comes with the instructions inside of the carton box. I do not have done any replacement yet. There are about 10 pairs of CLXs here. I have one of them.

Happy listening!
Hmm, I don’t have the boxes for my CLSIIz, were they inside it, too?

Are there any such instructions available for replacement of the CLX panels Roberto...

In addition to the panel replacement instructions for the CLX, I would be interested in knowing what the availability and cost of both the main and bass panels is currently.

Hola BigGuy,
As far as I know, the replacement panels cost about $8500.00 for all, bass stat panels and mid and high frequency stat panels. The instructions come into the carton box. Usually they are available.

Happy listening!

Hola BigGuy,
As far as I know, the replacement panels cost about $8500.00 for all, bass stat panels and mid and high frequency stat panels. The instructions come into the carton box. Usually they are available.

Happy listening!
WoW!!!

Hola BigGuy,

Happy listening!
Wow is right, Harlequin! I WAS thinking about buying replacements in the event...but at that price it might be more cost effective to try to catch a deal on a n(used) pair. I just don't know where I would store the gorilla coffins?!

Is there a way to determine date of manufacture of the CLXs?

Latest posts

Back