CLS Amplification.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinT

Reaction score
I am new to this forum so here goes :
I have owned CLS's for 15 years or so (1's that had the panels replaced so are really 2's in essence). The speakers have been powered by Prodigy Audio Labs 150 mono blocks all of this time and I have been very happy with the sound.
One of the Prodigys has blown up (blue flames and 2 loud bangs) and I fear for it's repair. It may need to be replaced.
The question for this forum is : Are there others with these amps powering their CLS's ? If so where can they be worked on ?

Thanks for any help that might be forth coming.

I am new to this forum so here goes :
I have owned CLS's for 15 years or so (1's that had the panels replaced so are really 2's in essence). The speakers have been powered by Prodigy Audio Labs 150 mono blocks all of this time and I have been very happy with the sound.
One of the Prodigys has blown up (blue flames and 2 loud bangs) and I fear for it's repair. It may need to be replaced.
The question for this forum is : Are there others with these amps powering their CLS's ? If so where can they be worked on ?

Thanks for any help that might be forth coming.
I don't know who works on these, but if you find just a good tech, this schematic will help. FYI: I have this as an EPS file that I can email you. That way it can be scaled.

Attachments

• Prodigy Audio Labs 150.jpg
    Prodigy Audio Labs 150.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,136
Prodigy.

Thanks so much.
Will most definately take up your offer as soon as a tech is found.
Ironically the designer and builder of these amps lives in Richardson Texas but he has gone to ground and will not answer e mails and phone messages at this point.

any chance you still have the schematic on an EPS file that you could E-mail?
I recently purchased a set of the amps and seen your post about the file, I have studied the schematic you posted but cannot make out the voltages, the larger I make it the worse it gets.
I sent an E-mail to your user name but not sure of this forum yet, thanks for any help you might provide.
Bryan

If the loud bangs were the electrolytic capacitors (I had that happen to me a year ago), replace the caps in both amps.

In my case it was just that. I replaced the caps, and all was well again. I hope you're as lucky.

Thought I would try this once more, I have acquired a set of the Prodigy OTL amps and had seen in a post from 2007 that you had the schematic on a file that you would be willing to send to another member that was having problems with one of his amps.
If you still have the file I would really like to acquire a copy, the pic of the file you posted has helped but the resolution of the text is too hazy to determine the voltages for a proper setup.
My e-Mail is [email protected]
Any help would be very appreciated,
Thanks
Bryan Cook
Oklahoma City ok.

Latest posts

Back