Prodigy Crossover Mods

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone done any mods to the crossover of the Prodigy's?If so was it difficult and also worth the effort?
I can get around pretty good with a soldering tool and years back retubed my old VT-100 before selling it(yes it still worked :^).
Thanks for any info.

Regards,Bob

I have owned Prodigy's for 4 years and have not heard of any mods to them. What are you thinking about doing?

Hi,
I was wondering if changing out caps may make the speaker even better than it is?
I have had mine for just over 5 years and thought I saw a thread some where of someone doing this to their Quests with a marked improvement.

Thanks,Bob

Hi All,

Has anyone done any mods to the crossover of the Prodigy's?If so was it difficult and also worth the effort?
I can get around pretty good with a soldering tool and years back retubed my old VT-100 before selling it(yes it still worked :^).
Thanks for any info.

Regards,Bob

Bob, I'd say of the recent vintage ML's, the Prodigy is the one that could most benefit from some crossover rework, specifically, going full active using a speaker processor (so you can set intra-speaker delay's).

Read through my write up on my center channel design (SL3XC link in sig) and build for views and results on what that brings to the table.

It's not for the faint of heart, but if you like tweaking and great sound, its paradise.

Let me know if you want to pursue that angle, otherwise, I’m not much help with passives.

But either way, do get a decent measurement rig so you can determine what the needs are and what the changes do.

Wow Jonathan,
Very impressive.

Considering I am thick headed we are just talking about active crossover rework and not the tower as well?

Many Regards,Bob

Bob, Just the crossover. But it's involved, and will require two channels of amplification per speaker plus the speaker processor.

It's bleeding edge, so no worries if it's more than you want to chew off now.

Thanks Jonathan,

With my work load right now this would be difficult to get done without going without music for an extended time.
Your time is much appreaciated.

Regards,Bob

Back