Longer spikes for Vista speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonR

Reaction score
Does Martin Logan or anyone on the aftermarket make longer spikes for the Vista speakers? The spikes on my SL3s were quite a bit more adjustable, but the Vista spikes are pretty short... and the sweet spot is a good couple inches above my ears.

I've seen several threads about various options for the Summit, and I suppose these probably use the same thread... but then I'd ideally want a full set of Summit-style spikes since they look quite a bit different.

Any options for us Vista owners?

Thanks,
Jason

I just use my own spikes sitting on the bottom of the Vistas.

For starters, my Vistas didn't come with spikes, only stupid little round feet, and secondly, I don't understand - and never have understood - why anyone would put four feet on a speaker (or any other component).

Four feet are virtually always going to be unstable, whereas three feet are always going to be totally stable, no matter what surface it is on.

Using my own, I am using three spikes, not four. Suits me.

Sorry I don't have any pics.

Does Martin Logan or anyone on the aftermarket make longer spikes for the Vista speakers? The spikes on my SL3s were quite a bit more adjustable, but the Vista spikes are pretty short... and the sweet spot is a good couple inches above my ears.

I've seen several threads about various options for the Summit, and I suppose these probably use the same thread... but then I'd ideally want a full set of Summit-style spikes since they look quite a bit different.

Any options for us Vista owners?

Thanks,
Jason

I think the Vista's use 1/4" 20 thread spikes. If you have a hard surface floor here's what I do. Use the stupid little feet in the front and completely screw them in and use spikes at the rear to set your rake to your liking. This works for me allowing a truly vertical angle that is easy to fine tune. As always, YMMV.

Attachments

• Clarity spikes.JPG
    Clarity spikes.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Back