MIT Magnum M1 or Transparent Reference

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have finally decided on the following Harmonix cables:

1. GP-XLR15SUS - XLR CABLES - 2 PAIRS

2. MAX-30

3. HS101-SLC30

Any suggestions? I am going for the speaker cables and then the XLR ones next month. I read that it requires 500 odd hours to break-in. Is it true? Thanx again for your suggestion.

I have finally decided on the following Harmonix cables:

1. GP-XLR15SUS - XLR CABLES - 2 PAIRS

2. MAX-30

3. HS101-SLC30

Any suggestions? I am going for the speaker cables and then the XLR ones next month. I read that it requires 500 odd hours to break-in. Is it true? Thanx again for your suggestion.

i have HS-101 Super Max Tweeter Cable and HS101-SLC for the speakers and GP-XLR101SUS XLR CABLES...i also have change my power cords with studio master...the result is astronishing...when you buy these cables i dare anyone in this forum to find a better cable no matter price(i have heard the 20000$per meter siltech emperor and the 17000$ oracle mit which i used to have)...you will be so happy when you have them that it will be like you change an amp or a pro...And something else...Have you heard MIT with tubes?Because a friend of mine used to have the oracles v1.1ma with jadis 250 monoblocks,jadis pre,metronome kalista cd player and dac with zingali hm 215 and he had a very big noise comming out from his speakers because of the crossover of the cable...GUESS WHAT HE HAS NOW :music: They need 300 HOURS TO BREAK IN but they sounds wonderful from the begining...I am very happy for your desision because i feel like i done something good...I am very sad when i see exotic systems sound bad because of the cables...And believe me cables are the most importand part of a system because you can have a very good equipment but a bad cable can destroy everything...Keep in touch...Looking forward for your impressions...

i have HS-101 Super Max Tweeter Cable and HS101-SLC for the speakers and GP-XLR101SUS XLR CABLES...i also have change my power cords with studio master...the result is astronishing...when you buy these cables i dare anyone in this forum to find a better cable no matter price(i have heard the 20000$per meter siltech emperor and the 17000$ oracle mit which i used to have)...you will be so happy when you have them that it will be like you change an amp or a pro...And something else...Have you heard MIT with tubes?Because a friend of mine used to have the oracles v1.1ma with jadis 250 monoblocks,jadis pre,metronome kalista cd player and dac with zingali hm 215 and he had a very big noise comming out from his speakers because of the crossover of the cable...GUESS WHAT HE HAS NOW :music: They need 300 HOURS TO BREAK IN but they sounds wonderful from the begining...I am very happy for your desision because i feel like i done something good...I am very sad when i see exotic systems sound bad because of the cables...And believe me cables are the most importand part of a system because you can have a very good equipment but a bad cable can destroy everything...Keep in touch...Looking forward for your impressions...

Thanx for your kind words. I will surely give you feed back after I hear the differences. What length of speaker cable are you using? We must keep in touch!!!

Thanx for your kind words. I will surely give you feed back after I hear the differences. What length of speaker cable are you using? We must keep in touch!!!

2.5m for the speakers and 1,5 for the interconects...i am waiting to tell me and to everyone in this forum your impressions...

2.5m for the speakers and 1,5 for the interconects...i am waiting to tell me and to everyone in this forum your impressions...

Don't worry I will surely express my feelings after proper burn-in.

One quick question!! Do you think the spade connectors supplied by COMBAK for their speaker cables are compatible with Plinius and Summit. Are you using spade connectors? Will appreciate for your reply at the earliest since I have to confirm to them by tomorrow!!

I would like to stop investing on speaker cables for at least 5 years. Currently, I am using DH LABS Q10 Bi-wire speaker cable and Silversonic Balanced cables. I would like to upgrade to either MIT Magnum M1 or Transparent Reference series and wondering whether I will achieve a substantial difference.. Looking for some expert advice/ comment about these cables. BTW, I listen mostly to Jazz and old rock and a bit a of Classical Music.
Abhijit, before you buy anything, read this on ESL speaker cables:
http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/E...te%20Paper.htm
and this on ESL amplifiers:

Roger Sanders is sending me both products to review. I'm especially interested in the special ESL cables, but they will have to be really excellent to beat my Purist Venustas! (see my system) I'll be posting my results on our forum.
--- Neil

One quick question!! Do you think the spade connectors supplied by COMBAK for their speaker cables are compatible with Plinius and Summit. Are you using spade connectors? Will appreciate for your reply at the earliest since I have to confirm to them by tomorrow!![/QUO yes they do....

ps.I am also using tu-666zx feet under the plinius the pre cary slp05 and the haloc1 prossesor,rf-999mt spike base under the summits and rf-909x under the cary 306 sacd.The result is just beyond imagination !!!

Roger Sanders is sending me both products to review. I'm especially interested in the special ESL cables, but they will have to be really excellent to beat my Purist Venustas! (see my system) I'll be posting my results on our forum.
--- Neil

I don't want to hurt you but take a listen to these cables first and then i wish you good luck...I really want for you to listen better with the purist but i am not so sure since harmonix beat everything (no matter price) i compared them with...I want you to be the exception because i cry a lot when i throw my top of the line mit's and my siltech's for a lot cheaper cables...
:D

One quick question!! Do you think the spade connectors supplied by COMBAK for their speaker cables are compatible with Plinius and Summit. Are you using spade connectors? Will appreciate for your reply at the earliest since I have to confirm to them by tomorrow!![/QUO yes they do....

ps.I am also using tu-666zx feet under the plinius the pre cary slp05 and the haloc1 prossesor,rf-999mt spike base under the summits and rf-909x under the cary 306 sacd.The result is just beyond imagination !!!

Hi, Thanx for your reply!! I an using BDS spikes under cary preamp. I will replace them as well as the power cables in the next phase. Urgently, I want to know whether you are using spade connectors or banana connectors (supplied by Harmonix) with Summit and Plinius

--- Neil
Thanx for your advise but I have already ordered these cables after lot of research.

I really want for you to listen better with the purist but i am not so sure since harmonix beat everything (no matter price) i compared them with... i cry a lot when i throw my top of the line mit's and my siltech's for a lot cheaper cables...
:D
Cleon, MIT and Cardas speaker cables are not appropriate for use with electrostatic speakers for reasons of high capacitance and low resistance according to the information you will find on Sander's site and elsewhere; http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/ESL Amp White Paper.htm
Purist and has a new solid conductor cable line, the Proteus Provectus, and Sanders makes a coaxial design just for electrostats. I don't know which Siltech you used, but they are also finely stranded, not the best for stats, apparently

Cleon, MIT and Cardas speaker cables are not appropriate for use with electrostatic speakers for reasons of high capacitance and low resistance according to the information you will find on Sander's site and elsewhere; http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/ESL Amp White Paper.htm
Purist and has a new solid conductor cable line, the Proteus Provectus, and Sanders makes a coaxial design just for electrostats. I don't know which Siltech you used, but they are also finely stranded, not the best for stats, apparently

We are not talking about MIT/Transparent or any network based cables. We are talking about Harmonix Cables!! Check the link below:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue14/harmonix.htm
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue16/harmonix.htm
BTW, these cables are being used to demonstrate Hi End Audio system in US. And these cables are no cheap!! Yes it is cheaper than Siltech top of the line but produces more natural sound!!

We are not talking about MIT/Transparent or any network based cables. We are talking about Harmonix Cables!!
I guess I was confused by the title of the thread -- (MIT Magnum M1 or Transparent Reference) -- I beg your pardon:bowdown: I did check the links however, and the one with the Harmonix speaker cable review is four years old? I'm sure it's a very good product, however my point is, that the latest research suggests it's possible to make speaker cables designed just for electrostats. I want to listen to that new technology first, with an open mind if course. If they aren't a lot better, I'll just keep my Venustas :cool:

Neil, this is an honest question not trying to challenge your beliefs or knowledge, but I am curious.

You continue to speak very highly of the Purist Audio Venustas speaker cables that you are currently using.

But you keep telling everyone to chose a solid wire type cable, also referring to Mr Sanders information on low stranding for ELS speakers as the only way to go with ELS's.

How do you account for the fact that your Venustas speaker cables are high count multi-strand wire.
Doesn't this go against what you believe to be true for cabling ELS speakers?

Brad

Neil, this is an honest question not trying to challenge your beliefs or knowledge, but I am curious. You continue to speak very highly of the Purist Audio Venustas speaker cables that you are currently using. But you keep telling everyone to chose a solid wire type cable, also referring to Mr Sanders information on low stranding for ELS speakers as the only way to go with ELS's. How do you account for the fact that your Venustas speaker cables are high count multi-strand wire.
Doesn't this go against what you believe to be true for cabling ELS speakers? Brad
Brad, maybe I wasn't clear in my other posts. First of all, this whole thing started when I was looking into some cables I saw on eBay made (supposedly) by ML. Turns out it was true: http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showpost.php?p=56191&postcount=14
That got my curiosity, and I was off and running, researching everything I could find. One of the best discussions was the one on Roger Sanders' website, and since he makes a cable that supposedly addresses these issues, I wrote and asked if I could try a pair. He said yes, and would I like to try his amp too :confused: . So I still have to speak with him and make arrangements.

I do like the Purist products, particularly the Venustas line, because I've come to the realization that among cables in that medium-high price range, they offer the most advanced engineering features and deliver the best performance for the dollar. My entire system uses Venustas signal cable, except my subwoofer is connected with a pair of Straightwire Maestro single ended. Of course I haven't heard, much less lived with, everything. But I must say, I've experienced a pretty good cross section. And only quit when I could say I was truly thrilled with how my system was sounding. That was over three years ago. BTW, the Venustas speaker cables are not highly stranded, well under the 100 number that was mentioned. Nevertheless I'm fascinated with this (new to me) science around the care and feeding of stats and the highly capacitative load they present.

So I'm not making recommendations to anybody, as I haven't even checked them out for myself. I also called Purist yesterday because their new Proteus line is all solid core. I spoke with John who has Summits, which he was driving with Venustas, but now with the Proteus. He says there is better top and bottom extension, (and that was before I mentioned about the stranded/solid thing.) So you know I intend to get my hands on a pair of those too!!

Yes, I have heard talk in the past about solid wire and stats, but it was always anecdotal, lacking any scientific explanation. You know, stuff like "They say solid speaker wire works better with stats!" Oh! How come? "I dunno. But that's what I've heard. . . " Now doesn't that just make you want to write a check?!! :D

I have ordered spades on both ends. Hope there should not be any problem. I am just concerned about the Plinius SA102 END

I HAVE PLINIUS ALSO...DON'T WORRY...WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE THEM?

Back