MIT Magnum M1 or Transparent Reference

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dealer suggested to go for Harmonix Studio DC2 for Summit cables whereas the the other 4 cables is Studio Master. Will that be all right? Yet to recieve teh cable burner.

I don't know them...but i trust this company....dvd? if yes try the digital cable !

I don't know them...but i trust this company....dvd? if yes try the digital cable !
I mean the power cables for the Summit, they suggested Studio XDC2 which is less expensive than XDC Studio Master. What power cables are you using for the Summit's?

I mean the power cables for the Summit, they suggested Studio XDC2 which is less expensive than XDC Studio Master. What power cables are you using for the Summit's?

I use studio master for all of my electronics including summits...I own about 12 of them

I use studio master for all of my electronics including summits...I own about 12 of them

I have ordered XDC Studio Master for the amp, Preamp, Cd Player, MIT Zcenter and Summits. Do you have any idea of the differences between XDC Studio Master and XDC Studio Master 350 ?

I have ordered XDC Studio Master for the amp, Preamp, Cd Player, MIT Zcenter and Summits. Do you have any idea of the differences between XDC Studio Master and XDC Studio Master 350 ?

No,but i guess the most expensive will be better ! sorry

No,but i guess the most expensive will be better ! sorry

Not ALWAYS!! I don't agree!!!There should be a trade-off. It is pointless to invest on cables if you do not have that level of investments on the systems!!!!

MIT Cables are appropriate with MartinLogans

Cleon, MIT and Cardas speaker cables are not appropriate for use with electrostatic speakers for reasons of high capacitance and low resistance according to the information you will find on Sander's site and elsewhere; http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/ESL Amp White Paper.htm
Purist and has a new solid conductor cable line, the Proteus Provectus, and Sanders makes a coaxial design just for electrostats. I don't know which Siltech you used, but they are also finely stranded, not the best for stats, apparently

Happy New Year!
Just a quick anecdote...though it may be too late. During Gayle Sanders' time, MIT had a hand in designing ML's listening room.
http://web.archive.org/web/20040605075429/http://www.martinlogan.com/gayle_lab_review.html
Well, hence it's not surprising if MIT cables are used by ML to partner with their Statement E2 speakers... (see the MIT Oracle speaker cables circled in Red)

1c8fbb6d.jpg

While this may not necessarily mean that MIT cables are the best match for your MLs, it does mean that you can go quite far with them and have a high probability of getting good sound with your MLs, subject to your amp pairing. :p

nice system but i like mine as well

it's propably not as good as the system above but i can live with it

Attachments

• ssss.jpg
    ssss.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 524
  • system back.jpg
    system back.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 501
  • system front.jpg
    system front.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 496