Any Klyne SK2A Fans Out There?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

Reaction score
Battery Power Supplies

I have a Klyne SK2A head amp, which I really like, and was wondering if I could improve the performance even further. The amplifier box is very small, and there is no room for mods; however, there is just one electrolytic capacitor in the power supply, and it can easily be replaced by a Black Gate. I have a Black Gate 2200 uF cap on order, to replace the 1000 uF one. Has anyone tried a capacitor upgrade?

Another thought is that I could replace the power supply by a rechargeable 24V battery, as battery supplies supposedly result in better sound. Has anyone tried this, and if so, what battery capacity do you use ?

Last edited:
I did the Black Gate upgrade. No huge improvement in sound so far, but then the cap has to break-in. I have the option, of course to throw in a few more caps in parallel to see if they will make a difference, but was wondering if it would be better to just get a rechargeable battery as I know that a number of phono preamps use battery power supplies, and some of the reviews in TAS claim that they result in better sound. Does anyone have any experience with battery power supplies as opposed to a regulated suppy with lots of capacitance ?

Please note that I changed the title of this thread in an attempt to get some response from people who don't have the Klyne, but who do have battery power supplies.

Addendum: Just found out that you cannot change the title of a thread on the thread list.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back