line of work

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on vacation...

I'm on Vacation for Christmas week. I'm just glad to not be at work, and have a little time off, to relax and to play with my Christmas toys... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Been certified as a high school principal years ago but now who wants the aggravation; so I will retire next year after 31 years as a science teacher.
By the way, I'm near Norfolk, Va., (which is the largest Navy base in the world so you must have come past here), so I want to wish thanks and good luck to "TheBobGoat" and "Craig" for their service to our country. And to all our members, have a safe New Year and blessings to you and yours.

cj1capp said:
right on brother, me too, what dept? Im with oakland fire

Now if we can get Pogue to repost we can all exchange stories,yeah right ;)

I'm with the Pasadena Fire Dept starting my 23rd year :)

zaphod said:
Hmmm, a couple of years ago i had a squirrel fall down the chimney and get stuck on the damper. i only fell of the roof once :)

I am managing Information Systems Security Department for a large bank. I am an Electronics and Telecomm. Engineer by qualification.

I manage a chain of Brothels in Nevada.....oh that was last nights dream !

reality - self employed - Transportation Consulting/Sales

I'm a realtor in Colorado Springs. We have 5 military installations so I deal with people pcsing in and out all the time. If any of you military guys end up coming through let me know I would love to talk ML/HT with you.

2nd year Medical Student at Rush University in Chicago... yup... I guess all I do is study.

Sigh.... :( .

One day, I will say, "Hello world!"

Someday soon.

In the 70's and 80's I was a firefighter for 17 years.....Left the greatest job in the world to start a publishing company creating video/textbook courses to train firefighters throughout the US and Canada. Migrated the business to a blended e-Learning company these past 10 years, creating highly interactive, multimedia online courses for certification of emergency responders (primarily fire, law enforcement, emergency medical, homeland security). Check us out here: Emergency WORLD.com

From the beginning, our company uses its profits to do good works projects in numerous 3rd world countries. This year sold and merged our company with a publishing arm of Oklahoma State University. Building a HT and listening room with ML's, while waiting for the deal to go through (over 1 year), was the only thing that kept all the marbles in the sack.

This hobby is so satisfying, and I take great pleasure in connecting with some very cool folks on this site.....with all of us listening to the greatest speakers in the world!

I'm still very much a newbie.....thanks for all the help, guys!

Mark S.

Last edited:
After graduating college in '67, I taught English in the public school system for 6 years. Without going into the why's and wherefore's, for the next 30 or so years I was a retail manager of a large photography store, an insurance agent, a stockbroker, free-lance photographer, business analyst/consultant, car salesman, substitute teacher, and a retail salesman in a large-box electronics store.

Currently, I teach GED to inmates at a maximum security prison in NY State (this job is a keeper), which, by the way, is the best job I've ever had.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Civil Engineer. I design roads and do some GIS/cartography but am a structural engineer by training. Maybe I'll get into that building design again someday.....

Didn't get the promotion I was going for, but...

Well I was not chosen for the promotion I was trying for... :eek: Too many people all going for the position. Too much politics anyway... :rolleyes: Only five more years to retirement though. ;)

Robin said:
Well I was not chosen for the promotion I was trying for... :eek: Too many people all going for the position. Too much politics anyway... :rolleyes: Only five more years to retirement though. ;)

Keep chugging RobiN!!!!

Senior Mortgage Consultant for a large national lender

If anybody needs a creative way to finance their next Logan purchase just let me know. :D

IT Manager - sounds good, but means just about anything, from repairing laser printers to programming database systems, configuring macs, teaching how to, maintaining 5 servers and a web/mail server... my duty list is about 2 pages long :))

Engineering Manager for a power conditioner company.

Back