line of work

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a senior engineer for the largest tissue products company in the world.

I am also the owner of a HT/hi-fi consulting and installation business (just started this) DY Acoustics

Interesting occupation...

Dolfin said:
Senior hardware and operating system analyst in the data center for a major power company in arizona.
Ryan,

IMHO, I think, we (Californian's) need you to come and work for, Arnold Schwarzenegger, here in power hungery California. IMHO, we could use a few good men in California's power industry... :D Any chance you could transfer? :D

But Seriously, You have an interesting occupation...
I would think your line of work would be in great demand?

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
Let see wine speculator/collector, chef wanabe, car collector, and retired racecar driver. Oh and to pay for all of those non-income producing vices, fulltime Software engineering manager for the marine division of a large Aerospace company headquartered in LA. Our division is located in Sunnyvale, CA.

Robin said:
Ryan,

IMHO, I think, we (Californian's) need you to come and work for, Arnold Schwarzenegger, here in power hungery California. IMHO, we could use a few good men in California's power industry... :D Any chance you could transfer? :D

But Seriously, You have an interesting occupation...
I would think your line of work would be in great demand?

Cheers

-Robin

Demand is not as high as I'd like. It's hit and miss. Best thing any of us information technology professionals can look for is a company with good benefits. The industry is still SLOWLY rebounding from Y2K.. alot of confidence in I.T. was lost when the world didn't end and all those dot-com companies folded.

As for the power industry. California was trucking along just fine prior to de-regulation. De-reg caused alot of power plants to be shut down because nobody wanted to operate them at a loss. So all you had was a bunch of people that wanted to sell power, but nobody to generate it. Hence the rolling blackouts and outrageous power bills (because my company was selling power to california hand over fist for a HUGE profit). IMHO, aH-nold should've stuck to doing what he did best.. making low brow action movies. He'll never be a Ronald Regan.
:D

Military Pilot
travel the world
spend lots of time playing the sand, waiting to come home to listen to my ML's

Jets...

TheBobGoat said:
Military Pilot
travel the world
spend lots of time playing the sand, waiting to come home to listen to my ML's
TheBobGoat,

So you fly jets... :D How do you get all of those sparks to fly out of your jet?

Cheers

-Robin

My guess is that TheBobGoat can't tell yo exactly what he does since he is a pilot.
I work at Edwards Air Force base and I can not say a whole lot of what I do but I am not a pilot but a computer network engineer.
I am sure there are exiciting times as well as some that not so :eek: , just glad you are with us.

Jeff :cool:

Ya, thats what I do -

Robin - the bad guys make the sparks come out, but so far Ive been fine.

Jeff - I was at edwards a few months ago, I will let you know if I stop by again if you wanted to check out the jet..although you guys have some there already.

Thanks for the welcome again - Ive been lurking since the old site a couple of years ago and just recently discovered the internet again. Happy to be here though.

A Small World and no I'm not going to sing nor play it on my system.

TheBobGoat - I am also military, A CMSgt in fact and have probably slept in the back while you flew up front and made sparks fly. In fact I'm going for a ride tomorrow to play in the sand again.

Jeff Z- I was at Edwards in the early 90s at the Special Ops CTF firing the guns on the AC-130U. Do you happen to know a CMSgt Steven Hicks?

It's been fun but after 29 years I'm ready to go find a real job.

craig - good deal, ill be back out there on sunday i think, stopping through DM on the way out. i will be looking for any CMSgt's riding along - im still part of the LT mafia for another 1.5 yrs.

Jeff - I think Steve just retired this month. He was the AFFTC Command Chief.

TheBobGoat - I'll already be there. I work with the Spooks. LTs have a mafia? Is there a special handshake?

I might be moving up...

I have been interviewing for a promotion, to the administrative offices... ;) Wish me luck. I will be competing against, at least ten other people, for the one opening. I'll know in about a month or so... :rolleyes:

Cheers

-Robin

I fly helicopters.
I travel all over the US on gov contracts mainly fighting forest fires and other specialized stuff.
I don't spend enough time at home listening to my MLs. This year I will have spent approximately 255 days on the road.
Andy

as350_b3 good deal flying the helo's - thats something I wouldnt mind learning in the future.

robin good luck with the promotion - im stuck in tucson right now hanging out for another day - (we broke last night!)

Money makes the world go around...

Jeff Zaret said:
Robin,
Good luck!
I too am starting to "beat the bushes" for more pay. :D

Jeff
Jeff,

Well, Thank you very much... :D And Good Luck to you too.

Cheers

-Robin

Latest posts

Back