line of work

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi to all of you,
I am quite new her ans I live in Bavaria, Germany. A few weeks ago I bought a second hand Aerius, looks like new and functions pretty well with my tube amps in bi-amping.

My line of work is Program Manager in a company that develop and produce medical device.
Lookinf forward to hear from all of you and will share my young experience with MLs and more than 40 years experience with HiFi.

Hah! I'm a former Anesthesiologist, newly retired!

For a number of years I worked with the ABA writing software to handle the initial Certification and MOCA re-certification process. Specifically I created a configurable engine that allowed configuration of requirements by specialty and cohort and processing each requirement activity to so a doctor's could see their current status. This had a bit of complexity to it as some requirements were time based with sliding windows and others were cumulative with very fairly interesting rules about how to handle a myriad of different circumstances. Lots and lots of details.

For a number of years I worked with the ABA writing software to handle the initial Certification and MOCA re-certification process...

Hah! The whole MOCA process has been viewed with disdain by most physicians (not related to your role). Fortunately, I was "grandfathered" in with non-expiring Board Certification, so I didn't have to deal with it. My condolences to tsmooth!

Hah! The whole MOCA process has been viewed with disdain by most physicians (not related to your role). Fortunately, I was "grandfathered" in with non-expiring Board Certification, so I didn't have to deal with it. My condolences to tsmooth!

I figured you were and I know that they did. In fact the MOCA program that was originally put in place was revamped after much negative feedback. They moved to a cell phone app with MOCA Minute questions whenever you wanted each quarter vs. the Cognitive exam and there were other changes. That said, I was simply implementing what the board said they wanted. I had nothing to do with and was not qualified to have any input on what the requirements actually were. However my brother in-law writes parts of the exams for the Cardiovascular surgeons.

I frequently wear pajamas all day working from home, but things are getting ready to get shaken up a bit with some travel after my security clearance is complete.

Last edited:

Now they have an OSCE/skills section in addition to traditional oral boards (mock show me how you would do a nerve block / central line on a live actor). Surprising it cost more now too ;)

Enjoy the time off!

Did I buy your sunfire cinema grand almost a decade ago?

Holy Moly! That was a LOOOONG time ago! It's all coming back to me now! Based on your system description, sounds like you're still using it! I'll PM you with a funny story about Anesthesia and Music.

Retired flight systems, avionics, electrical technician at Sikorsky Aircraft 30 years. 69 years old loving my music and hifi hobby along with wine and cooking.

Owner of Fabricated Sheet Metal Company (Job Shop), Not retired for a few years, Loving my two systems, going to my 4th Axpona Audio show, prefer 18 or older Scotch and my Family.

Latest posts

Back