Austin meeting at my house in September!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnP

Reaction score
Austin meeting at my house in October!!

I am having an audio meet at my house in South Austin October 13th if anyone would like to attend. This meet started as a Lone Star Bottlehead meet but I would like to get some "regular" guys there to if possible. There will be Martin Logans to listen to, I have a dedicated room with Odysseys powered by a Classe CA300 and Cary SLP98P preamp. If you're interested please let me know!!:music:

Regards,
John

Last edited:
I think TonyC lives nearby...

BTW, love your preamp there.... :).

Joey

Wish you could make it George, and if you could......could you bring some of that Florida grouper with ya!!:D

Joey,
Thanks, Man I sure do love that preamp! Nice and tubey sounding but not to tubey if you know what I mean.

Wardsweb,
I had several people let me know that Oct 6th is a big Texas game day and that they wouldn't be able to attend so have changed the date to the 13th this time. I promise it'll be the last date change.:eek:

Regards,
John

Wish you could make it George, and if you could......could you bring some of that Florida grouper with ya!!:D

Joey,
Thanks, Man I sure do love that preamp! Nice and tubey sounding but not to tubey if you know what I mean.

Wardsweb,
I had several people let me know that Oct 6th is a big Texas game day and that they wouldn't be able to attend so have changed the date to the 13th this time. I promise it'll be the last date change.:eek:

Regards,
John

I have changed the date on the website. In those famous words, "you can't win for losing" That is the weekend for Rocky Mountain Audiofest 2007.

so have changed the date to the 13th this time. I promise it'll be the last date change.:eek:

Regards,
John

I'll be in Barcelona on the 13th... but would like to start having these every few months in Austin... Have a BLAST :rocker: :music:

"you can't win for losing"

Boy you're not kidding Luther. Oh well I'm not going to change the date again, guess I'll just see who shows. Anyone wanting to come is more than welcome.

Regards,
John

Great get together!

John, I just want to say thank you for a great time at your home. Everyone, you all missed out, big time! John was a great host, put out quite a spread of food and drinks and the experience was a lot of flat out fun! There was a lot of swapping out preamps, main amps, and speakers, as most of the guests were members of the Lone Star Bottleheads Audio Enthusiasts Society and they brought some of their gear. I had a great time discussing design elements and listening to the gear in action. These Bottleheads were good people.
John has at least three systems set up (that I saw). His main two channel system was putting out some great sound via a beautiful Cary preamp (finished in Jaguar red), an Ah Tjube CD player, a Rega turntable, 300 wpc Classe amp, and of course, ML Odysseys. Changes made to that system were various preamp, amplifier and speaker swaps. My personal favorite was listening to his system with the home made 25 wpc SET amp. I could not believe that amp could drive those speakers that well. Oh, John was so cool during all this swapping of gear. I don't think there is any way I could have let so many people mess with my system's connections, but it didn't even look like it phased him in the least.
John's theater room was awesome! I believe he had a complete surround system consisting of ML speakers, but by the time I got up there, those had already been disconnected and some home made gear was up and running. I have been wondering if I should get a projector or a flat screen for my home theater, but John's system persueded me to go the projector route. John emphatically reinforced that by agreeing when I asked him.
Anyway, here are some pics. John, if you could identify the people and offer any more info, please do. Thanks again for a great time!
207993602-M.jpg

Above is John, our host, and a couple of Bottleheads.
207993699-M.jpg

A couple more Bottleheads.
207993518-M.jpg

207993440-M.jpg

Above photo is of main two channel system. Below is the system with the home made 25 wpc SET.
207995748-M.jpg

Please note that a lot of people came to John's audio party. I didn't take pictures of most of the people that were there, as I took my pics early. There are many more (and better) pics at the Lonestar Bottleheads website.

Last edited:
Here's a closeup side view of the beast...
207996366-M.jpg

Here is the theater room, where mad happenings occurred...
207994355-M.jpg

More theater room pics...with home made gear substituted...
207994283-M.jpg

207994212-M.jpg

207994443-M.jpg

very cool... sorry I missed it... LOVE the animusic demo :)

Back