Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Artist - Imogen Heap
Title - Speak For Yourself
Year of Release - 2005
Record Label - RCA
Genre - Indie Pop
imogen%20heap.jpg

You've heard Imogen Heap's music whether you realize it or not because she's featured in the backgroud of lots of TV shows and movies, most noticeable on the HBO series "Six Feet Under" and last night's season finale episode of "So You Think You Can Dance".

Lots of reviews of Martin Logan speakers say that they are perfect for female vocals and this is definitely no exception as her silky voice and style is perfect for Logans.

She's mezmerizing on this CD from start to finish, especially on the opening track "Headlock", "Daylight Robbery" and "Hide and Seek" where she blends her vocals with a synthesizer.

This is one of those CDs that just makes my jaw drop to the floor. GET IT!

Last edited:
Artist - Imogen Heap
Title - Speak For Yourself
Year of Release - 2005
Record Label - RCA
Genre - Indie Pop
imogen%20heap.jpg

You've heard Imogen Heap's music whether you realize it or not because she's featured in the backgroud of lots of TV shows and movies, most noticeable on the HBO series "Six Feet Under" and last night's season finale episode of "So You Think You Can Dance".

Lots of reviews of Martin Logan speakers say that they are perfect for female vocals and this is definitely no exception as her silky voice and style is perfect for Logans.

She's mezmerizing on this CD from start to finish, especially on the opening track "Headlock", "Daylight Robbery" and "Hide and Seek" where she blends her vocals with a synthesizer.

This is one of those CDs that just makes my jaw drop to the floor. GET IT!

This is a phenomenal album - I've listened to it countless times and think Imogen is one of the most underrated artists in existence. Just wish her stuff was available on vinyl :D

I agree with BigBanger. Why she isn't HUGE here in the states is beyond me. Her style is completely unique (maybe that's why she's not huge here.. lol).

I finally bought this disk a couple of weeks ago. I was actually contemplating buying it prior to Tom’s review, just never got around to it. It is a very good disk.

I am now using song 5, Hide and Seek, as a system demo song. I’ve played this song to a number of friends/family (most audiophile non-believers) and they all end up extremely impressed and ask if I have the surround sound set up going…..(with a smile on my face) nope nothing but good ol’ 2 channel.

Imogen is also a part of band Frou Frou which was featured on the "Garden State" movie sound track. I'm sure many of you have heard their song "Let Go" not knowing it was Imogen singing.

Latest posts

Back