Final Decision: SL3 or ReQuest for my room

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbanger

Reaction score
OK, I've done a lot of leg work and I've located one pair of SL3s and one pair of ReQuests in excellent condition. The SL3s are less money, but would need to be shipped. The ReQuests are local. As I've mentioned in some other posts, my dedicated listening room is only 12'x13' so I've been leaning towards the smaller SL3. But the local ReQuests are appealing because I can touch and feel the speaker before plunking down my $$$ and the ReQuest is supposed to be the better speaker (although it may not be in my room). Decisions, decisions. I can't help but feel that the SL3 will be a better match size-wise for my room, but I don't want to pass up a better speaker that I can touch, feel and drive home safely. Any final opinions from the ML gurus here about which choice would be better? FYI, the ReQuest is only about $500 more than the SL3. I did have a look at them and they looked good, but the guy had them stored (in their boxes) in the garage here in Northern California which can get quite hot this time of year. Could that have damaged the panels??

Help, I need to decide quickly...

Tought spot to be in buddy, as the reQuests are very nice speakers.

But in a room that small, an SL3 is more than enough.

Keep in mind that either way, you might need new panels soon, and the SL3's are cheaper and come in clearspar (larger panels still only come in black spars).

My $0.02

Back