Tampa Bay Circuit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craig,

Your system looks better and better each time I see it. The Electrocompaniets look BEEEFY!

Alan,

Reading Brad's post regarding your setup, I have no doubt you're moving in the right direction. Love the bubingas... :).

Who's CLS setup is that again? Wonderfully executed and presented. :cool:

Guys, how 'bout planning another listening caravan! Craig has his new CLS setup, I've got my acoustic upgrades, and maybe we can get Beakman into the fold. Actually, I'm off next weekend (Aug 16/17), and should have a loaner Philips metal-base 5AR4 rectifier tube by then (lent by a fellow ML clubber). That particular tube sells for mega$$, so we can see how good it really is. Right now, I'm also free Sat 8/30 (Labor Day weekend), and 9/27-28.

It's been a while, but the Tampa Bay group is having another round-robin listening session tomorrow. We're starting at Brads, then heading to hear my current setup, and Craigs. We have a local audiophile (a prospective future ML owner) from Sarasota coming up to join us. If there are any other local Tampa Bay area ML owners lurking about, PM me if interested in joining us Sat.

We had a brief, but enjoyable, listening session yesterday, with two visiting prospective ML owners (David, Buddy) from Sarasota/Naples. They brought along a Modwright 36.5 Preamp, which we tried in Craig's and my setup. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time for warmup, so it was hard to critically compare. Brad's CLSIIz setup sounded especially sweet with his new ARC Preamp (I forget the precise model), coupled with having removed his large center cabinet. Craig also demo'd his new SF Cremona's, which threw out a surprisingly deep and wide soundstage, despite their relatively diminutive size. Our visiting guest were on a tight timetable, so we didn't have time for extended listening or gear swapping on this visit. Hopefully we'll find time for another round-robin listening session real soon. In the group pic, are (L to R) David, Buddy, Brad, Craig, and moi!

Attachments

• TampaGet Together (Medium).jpg
    TampaGet Together (Medium).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 246
Tampa/Sarasota/Central FL TBLS update

FYI, for any ML Club members who live in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater, Sarasota or Central FL areas, our Tues Feb 2nd 7pm TBLS meeting is being hosted by Brad225, to demo his incredible CLSIIz's with custom frames/stands, driven by the behemoth Audio Research VTM 200 tube monoblocks. If you are interested in joining us, please PM either me or Brad (or send me your name and phone number) and we'll get back to you. He lives in Wesley Chapel (North of Tampa) accessible via I-75 N.

Just an update for all ML Club members along Florida's West Coast. The Tampa Bay Listening Society has changed it's name to the Suncoast Audiophile Society, and we are migrating our website to the Meetup social network to further spread word about us to all regional audiophiles. If you would like to join us, please check us out... Suncoast Audiophile Society

Latest posts

Back