Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tampa Bay Circuit

Craig,

Your system looks better and better each time I see it. The Electrocompaniets look BEEEFY!

Alan,

Reading Brad's post regarding your setup, I have no doubt you're moving in the right direction. Love the bubingas... .

Who's CLS setup is that again? Wonderfully executed and presented.

Joey "kid with grey hair" V
    System 1: Emm Labs TSDX Transport -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Cary SLP-05 Pre -> Boulder 2060 Stereo Amp -> B&W 802D3, AQ WEL Power Cords, AQ WEL Speaker Wire, AQ Wind (reterminating to XLR)
    System 2: Rotel RA1592 Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    System 3: Rotel RC1570 Preamp -> Rotel RB1582 Stereo Amp -> B&W CM10s2 (ESL11a replacement??)

Super User

These pictures are just gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by eknuds01 View Post
    These pictures are just gorgeous!
    With George at the helm... heck yeah.
    Joey "kid with grey hair" V
    System 1: Emm Labs TSDX Transport -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> Cary SLP-05 Pre -> Boulder 2060 Stereo Amp -> B&W 802D3, AQ WEL Power Cords, AQ WEL Speaker Wire, AQ Wind (reterminating to XLR)
    System 2: Rotel RA1592 Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    System 3: Rotel RC1570 Preamp -> Rotel RB1582 Stereo Amp -> B&W CM10s2 (ESL11a replacement??)

Guys, how 'bout planning another listening caravan! Craig has his new CLS setup, I've got my acoustic upgrades, and maybe we can get Beakman into the fold. Actually, I'm off next weekend (Aug 16/17), and should have a loaner Philips metal-base 5AR4 rectifier tube by then (lent by a fellow ML clubber). That particular tube sells for mega$$, so we can see how good it really is. Right now, I'm also free Sat 8/30 (Labor Day weekend), and 9/27-28.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.
    Click here to see my entire sytem. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

It's been a while, but the Tampa Bay group is having another round-robin listening session tomorrow. We're starting at Brads, then heading to hear my current setup, and Craigs. We have a local audiophile (a prospective future ML owner) from Sarasota coming up to join us. If there are any other local Tampa Bay area ML owners lurking about, PM me if interested in joining us Sat.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo BDP-95 > Conrad-Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions 13A. Dual ML BalancedForce 210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable.

We had a brief, but enjoyable, listening session yesterday, with two visiting prospective ML owners (David, Buddy) from Sarasota/Naples. They brought along a Modwright 36.5 Preamp, which we tried in Craig's and my setup. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time for warmup, so it was hard to critically compare. Brad's CLSIIz setup sounded especially sweet with his new ARC Preamp (I forget the precise model), coupled with having removed his large center cabinet. Craig also demo'd his new SF Cremona's, which threw out a surprisingly deep and wide soundstage, despite their relatively diminutive size. Our visiting guest were on a tight timetable, so we didn't have time for extended listening or gear swapping on this visit. Hopefully we'll find time for another round-robin listening session real soon. In the group pic, are (L to R) David, Buddy, Brad, Craig, and moi!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Tampa/Sarasota/Central FL TBLS update

FYI, for any ML Club members who live in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater, Sarasota or Central FL areas, our Tues Feb 2nd 7pm TBLS meeting is being hosted by Brad225, to demo his incredible CLSIIz's with custom frames/stands, driven by the behemoth Audio Research VTM 200 tube monoblocks. If you are interested in joining us, please PM either me or Brad (or send me your name and phone number) and we'll get back to you. He lives in Wesley Chapel (North of Tampa) accessible via I-75 N.

Just an update for all ML Club members along Florida's West Coast. The Tampa Bay Listening Society has changed it's name to the Suncoast Audiophile Society, and we are migrating our website to the Meetup social network to further spread word about us to all regional audiophiles. If you would like to join us, please check us out... Suncoast Audiophile Society

Super User

One of y'all should check out these Ascents and offer $1400.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....n-Logan-Ascent

some one tell me nexttime so i can hang out.