Opinions on Beemers and similar (cars)?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ralflar, when you say "the majority of the BMW owners in the US cares more about self-image than the cars abilities" you are basing that on nothing more than your own personal perceptions and biases, not on any real factual data.
Of course it is my opinion! That is the nature of any forum post.
I believe the truth is that you are flat-out wrong in that statement.
That's fine. Diversity of opinion is good.
The problem with making a statement like that on this forum is that it is just your opinion, and it is insulting to the hundreds of thousands of BMW owners who do have a clue and are more than happy that they bought the high-performance car of their dreams, not because of their self-image, but because they love the car.
Everyone who reads forum posts should understand that such content is always subjective. Disclaimers should not be needed all the time. I already agreed that I voiced my opinion. I disagree that my statement insults anyone. Firstly, who says that BMW owners on this board are part of the majority. Where there is a majority there is also a minority. As a former (320i) and possibly future (135i) BMW owner I consider myself in that latter camp. Secondly, read my post again. I wrote "Nothing wrong with that." Third, I object to your use of "all BMW driver's are snooty" phrase in the same sentence as your (incorrect) quote from my post (it was function not performance). In doing so you make it look like I wrote one phrase but meant the other. For the record, that is not so. Lastly, I fail to see how "BMWs are about perception before anything else" can be interpreted as an insult of any kind, especially in the context of my previous related posts. It is my personal observation, or opinion.
It is no different than posting in a thread about Vinyl and saying that Vinyl lovers are a bunch of aging, backward saps who care more about nostalgia than great sound. It is incorrect, it is insulting, and considering that the original poster ended up buying a BMW, it is just plain rude.
Your vinyl comparison is way over the top. Regarding my alleged rudeness, go back to my post #130 of this thread. Read it, especially the first sentence.
I was referring to a comment made by ralflar (the "other sap" that you refer to)
Quoting it does not change the fact that you just called me a sap. Is that a blanket generic statement, or opinion, or a targeted personal insult?

If you want to turn this into an argument I suggest we take this off-line.

I'm closing this thread..

Warning: any disrespectful posts will result in a PERMANENT ban from the site. Watch what you post, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back