The king is on his throne...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
I finally completed building my custom amp stand. Now the amp is on the throne like a king. :bowdown:

hifia.jpg

hific.jpg

Last edited:
very nice ! Do tell how you made that . It looks as professional as anything I have seen.

Nice job George, blends in perfectly with your speakers !

George,

Nice stuff! Looks definitely like a throne of some sort!

How much was the total wallet damage on something like that?

Joey

George,

Nice stuff! Looks definitely like a throne of some sort!

How much was the total wallet damage on something like that?

Joey

$282 plus shipping. That includes the 4 extra L brackets and black anodized finish.

Yeah..really nice, I'd never heard of that Amp before so I googled it.. Nice !!

But 500 watts power consumption IDLE ...Pfffff

George, very nice stand. Also excellent looking rig overall!

Thanks for the comments! I think I'm done for now, my wife says no more spending till next year. :bowdown:

Nice system you have there. I like the custom amp stand.
Time to sit back and enjoy it. I'll have to come by and check it out sometime. I'm sure the financial director will approve a new or used CD now and then. By the way, the best used CD store in the Tampa Bay area is the Sound Exchange on N. Nebraska Ave.

Just back from vacation or I would have posted sooner.

Over the past year or so I’ve DIY’d a large rack intended for a big screen TV and an amp stand that is very much like what has been posted here. The amp stand was made from the leftover scraps from the rack. I would estimate I would have spent about $70 on materials for the amp stand only of which $30 was on the Adona spikes.

For those who might be interested, I purchased all of my materials off of Ebay from 8020 inc (8020 inc Garage Sale). They have an Ebay storefront that sells scrap pieces, overstock and parts with minor cosmetic or dimensional issues.

I'm pretty lucky as I have a machine shop that is available to me at work and a machinist buddy who will do "government" work for a few select co-workers.

Attachments

• IMG_1412 smaller.jpg
    IMG_1412 smaller.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4048 smaller.JPG
    IMG_4048 smaller.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Just back from vacation or I would have posted sooner.

Over the past year or so I’ve DIY’d a large rack intended for a big screen TV and an amp stand that is very much like what has been posted here. The amp stand was made from the leftover scraps from the rack. I would estimate I would have spent about $70 on materials for the amp stand only of which $30 was on the Adona spikes.

For those who might be interested, I purchased all of my materials off of Ebay from 8020 inc (8020 inc Garage Sale). They have an Ebay storefront that sells scrap pieces, overstock and parts with minor cosmetic or dimensional issues.

I'm pretty lucky as I have a machine shop that is available to me at work and a machinist buddy who will do "government" work for a few select co-workers.

Bob... looks real nice!! Is it made of aluminum?

Bob... looks real nice!! Is it made of aluminum?

Yup. There are various aluminum extrusions cross sections that are available from 8020 inc. My stuff is 1.5in x 1.5in and clear coated, but they do get anodized material too. Everything goes together with specific fastener hardware. No welding, although I'm sure you could. It's very beefy.

This stuff is typically has industrial uses. If anyone has been in an automotive related manufacturing plant, generally there's 8020 stuff (or other types, Bosch makes some too I believe) all over assembly cells.

The shelves are 3/4 mdf that I've painted with a textured paint and then coated with a polycrylic.

They were both fun projects.

I love the system that the OP has but my biggest problem has always been "Where do I put my plasma TV?"

I'm renting now so mounting to the wall isn't an option but I think to have a really ideal presentation like that WITH a display, the TV/Screen needs to be wall mounted.

Unless you're uber rich and can afford one of those gizmos where the 58" plasma swings down from the ceiling :)

Back