Could this be the Holy Grail of A/V processors?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STV

Reaction score
Many years ago Denon had products that catered to the higher end market. Then they just dropped it to go for more mainstream all in one receivers and such. Well it looks like they are returning to their high end glory days with two new products that are tentatively scheduled for release in late February '08. The Processor is priced at $7K MSRP.

The way it looks may not be to everyone's liking, but its looks may be forgiven for everything it does. Also going to be available is the matching 10 channel amplifier. Here's some of what this upcoming processor will have:

THX Ultra 2
6 HDMI 1.3 in, 2 out - xxyycc colour support and autp lip synch support
Full Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD support
Dolby Headphone
HDCD decoder
Denon Digital Link 3, 1.2 Gbps
Silicon Optix Realta HQV video processing
Multiple input(7.1) uncompressed PCM audio via HDMI
Audyssey Room Correction
Pure Direct mode for pure analog circuits
Improved Denon 24 bit AL24 Alpha processing
New improved graphic user interface
Real 24 bit/192 KHz digital input
12 Balanced Outputs
Stereo Balanced Inputs
4 Coax and 4 Optical Inputs
4 Optical outputs for other zones
2 USB ports
4 Trigger Outputs
2 RS232 connections
Denon Control Link
Ipod Dock Support
Analog to HDMI Conversion and upscaling to 1080p
Ethernet jack for system tuning/upgrades,audio streaming MP3,AAC,FLAC,WAV,WMA lossless files from a PC.
Wi-Fi connection
Windows Media PlaysForSure
HD Radio/XM/AM/FM (independent/simultaneous multi-zone capable)
Multi Channel Zone 2 Output for dual surround zones
Zone 4 Digital Audio
Simply HD Certified silicon image approves connectivity and operability
Remote maintenance program
Weight: 60 lbs

Attachments

• denon_avpa1hd_front1.jpg
    denon_avpa1hd_front1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,008
Last edited:
Nice!

The beast lives.

Denon showed a non-working prototype of it at CES'07. Glad to see it becoming a reality.

I have also been hoping that this processor would finally become a reality. If this thing does everything that they say it does, and it sounds as good as I think it will, this will definitely be replacing my Sunfire TGIII:).

Seth

Looks like alot of machine for the money-cant wait to see one.

I've been fustrated by Denon's setup menus in the past....hopefully they've put some thought into that area also.

Tj

Nice, I can now recommend a processor other than Meridian to people. This one combines the highly regarded SO HQV video processor, so it should trully make for a one-box solution to source selection and processing.

I really dig the use of Balanced pre-outs. Required for me to even consider a piece.

If it also supports fully customizable Audyssey processing, then it really is worth the entrance fee.

I'd still stick with Sunfire for the amplification, but this thing looks good as a front-end.

WOW. Now that's hot! I was considering the Meridian to replace my Sherbourn PT7010A (aka Sunfire TGIII with a different face). Now there may be some competition. Let's hope that black is an option!

Any ideas for a release date?

edit: duh read the original post- got excitied over the pics didnt read the article. Sry bout that

Last edited:
Back