A Weekend In Kansas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
As the saying goes..."Time flies when your having fun", and man, I do think fun was had by all !!

I would also like to thank all the folks at Martin Logan for the effort put forth in providing us with an exceptional tour, both informative and entertaining. Also for the record let it be known, Jeff Dearinger of M/L is a Rail enthusiast as well, with a garden railroad of his own in his back yard !!

It was nice to be able to put faces to so many of the members..... Sleepysurf (Alan) getting nervous that some of us were bring Joey over to the 'Dark Side' (Analog), Rich and his lovely wife Cindy will soon bring another audiophile into the world !!, JonFo (Jonathan) and Liz both talented individuals for sure, The WB (Wayne) and Wilma- great folks from the 'Windy City', Craig and Karin- what can I say audiophiles and 'Bow-tie' gear heads, excellent!, TonyC and his wife Karen - now think about it folks....in Tony, we have our own psychiatrist on the forum to help us through those tough times !, Cherian - an all-around great guy, fun to drink with and not to mention Joey's personal driving instructor. , Raygun - my co-conspirator (along with Tim) in getting "TheKid" over to the dark side !, Mitt (Tim) - one of the nicest gentleman you will ever want to meet, Shirley and I were gratefull to him for providing transportation from Denver to Lawrence, and while Shirley fell asleep to mine and Tims conversation, the trip went quick !, JoeyV- OUR Mascot, Hell I think all the wives wanted to take him home , they thought he was the 'cutest thing' ! All kidding aside, one very nice young man, your parents are proud I'm sure. , Burke - always operating 'under the radar', another Canon shooter, good man., Tom Dac- our Captain, you've done a great job in charting the course of this ship, and I'm glad to be aboard.

Well I know this dribble has gone on too long but one last bit I must share is that during our flight back Mon night, Shirley leaned over to me and said, "Happy Anniversary" ......yep, we BOTH had forgotten ! But after such a great day / weekend we both had to admit it was a fun way to have spent our 31st anniversary !!

Attachments

• IMG_7715.JPG
    IMG_7715.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_7717.JPG
    IMG_7717.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_7711.JPG
    IMG_7711.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_7730.JPG
    IMG_7730.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_7750.JPG
    IMG_7750.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 315
Happy happy happy anniversary Dave!!!!! I'm so glad that you and Shirley had a great time in Kansas!!

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for everything that you have done for me and for all the insight you have given me (beyond that of audio). I look forward to getting seeing you in September!

Joey
:bowdown:

PS
Tell Shirley that I enjoyed meeting her, even if she probably did zone out whenever we got knee-deep in the audio conversations!

PSS
Great... just great. Looking at this subforum, I just realized that I have posted in the last 6 threads... not again! We talked about this oddity at Kansas and it happened again! What's wrong with me and these fingers....? :(

Last edited:
Hi Dave, great post and nice pictures!

Happy anniversary as well!

Liz and I celebrated 25 years last year, which is why she looks so happy in the picture where Tom gets his plaque above :D

Like Alan (sleepySurf), everyone seems to manage to get a pic of my 'brilliant' head ;)

Congrats on the anniversary. My lovely wife and I are celebrating our 7th this weekend!

Wow! 31 Years! Congratulations on that achievement, Dave. I enjoyed meeting you and Shirley. You are a really fun couple. Glad you had a good time on your anniversary. Cindy and I will be celebrating our 15th this August.

Can we have names for that final photo of everyone?

Ok, here goes...Left to Right...

Mitt(Tim), Warren, Twich54, wife Shrley, Burke, Raygun, JonFo,wife Liz, barry, Sleepysurf(Alan), Craig, wife Karin(kneeling in front), Rich, wife Cindy, KarenC, TonyC, TomDac, JoeyV, I think he had Cerian "stuffed" in his camera bag !!

Mitt(Tim), Warren, Twich54, wife Shrley, Burke, Raygun, JonFo,wife Liz, barry, Sleepysurf(Alan), Craig, wife Karin(kneeling in front), Rich, wife Cindy, KarenC, TonyC, TomDac, JoeyV, I think he had Cerian "stuffed" in his camera bag !!

Thanks Dave!

Actually, Cherian is right behind Craig and the ML sigh!

Hehehehe....

Latest posts

Back