Kudos to Martin Logan staff

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not only did we connect with the MLOC members but also with the excellent folks at MartinLogan, who, to a person provided an incredible reception for our group.

I specifically enjoyed the conversations with Dave Allen (VP Product development) on Sunday night, and his eloquent presentation Monday morning. It was great to ‘see’ the process they use to design great products. Even when I’d rather see different choices (since I don’t care about size constraints), it was good to hear they ‘why’ the go down the paths they have. The openness and sharing was great, and I hope it’s an opportunity for the voices on this forum to engage more often throughout the design process.
However, we should all realize, we are indeed a (passionate) minority and that our views might not necessarily be profitable to pursue (viva ML-Based DIY as an alternative ;) ).

Jeff was awesome to talk to, as anyone who’s been there for 20+ years would be. Lot’s of great stories…
But what’s said in Kansas, stays in KS… :)

David Penrod and Devin Zell were great to talk to and made sure we all got pointed in the right direction and got us squared away with store purchases and what not. Great guys!

Meeting Jim powers was excellent, and I got to chat a good bit with him Sunday evening. It’s clear why ML has a great rep for customer service with Jim at the helm for that, but as I also learned Monday, it’s the entire company that stands behind him in support that makes the difference between great and excellent. Very, very impressive…

To the many others who showed us processes and talked with us at lunch on Monday, I really appreciate the time and attention you gave us. You really showed why your products are tops and why we all have, and will keep buying MartinLogan systems.

A sincere thanks for the hospitality. :bowdown:

Last edited:
echoing the sentiments of others who could not come (I was in Mumbai) we clearly missed out. However, could you share the feedback on some of the whys in their decisions? Not to spark a big debate but I think I share you view that size matters and I am assuming that was the context of your statement (no pun intended).

Back