Official Get Together Photo/Video Thread.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most folks took far better pics than my point-and-shoot camera. However, here are a few unique shots, including a close-up of the now infamous Chrome/Leather Summit. I don't think anybody mentioned that they actually tried a NUMBER of leather cover prototypes, each with different fabrication techniques/stitching... in their never-ending quest for the best! Not too many companies in ANY industry would put forth that much effort! I've also included a pic of a stator coming out of the powder coat assembly. They take great care to ensure each stator has a uniform baked-on coating, for both insulation and cosmetics.

Attachments

• Leather (Small).JPG
    Leather (Small).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 445
  • Leather Prototypes.jpg
    Leather Prototypes.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 444
  • Powder Coat (Small).JPG
    Powder Coat (Small).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 449
Oh, I also wish I could have one of these "Stat Signs" at the entrance to MY listening room! ML should sell them too! Mine would say "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter"!

Attachments

• Stat Sign.jpg
    Stat Sign.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 442
Oh, I also wish I could have one of these "Stat Signs" at the entrance to MY listening room! ML should sell them too! Mine would say "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter"!

No kidding! Talk about the best way to unload panel materials that aren't perfect (which I'm sure is how that piece got there). Maybe you should get some royalties for that idea... :devil:

Did anyone get a picture with Jim Powers? I don't recall seeing any (not that I know what he looks like).

I think there should be a sticky somewhere on the site with Jim's picture and email address so that everyone knows who the customer service go to guy is. :bowdown:

(no this is not a shameless plug to get any freebies out of Jim :D )

Last edited:
Did anyone get a picture with Jim Powers? I don't recall seeing any (not that I know what he looks like).

Kruppy, Pic attached.....Jim is the gent seated in white shirt front and center on the right, longish hair.

Attachments

• IMG_7722.JPG
    IMG_7722.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 441
Kruppy, Pic attached.....Jim is the gent seated in white shirt front and center on the right, longish hair.

Yup, and that's me behind him, and counter clockwise around the table, Joey, Cherian, Tom, Kerry, Ray, and Warren. Funny thing about Warren - he's a local, but he kept getting lost when trying to find the events. Cracked me up.

Hey Joey, is that a piece of CLX I spy in the background of post #7? It looks like an awfully large x-stat panel?!?!?

It was definitely a CLS. I walked over to check it out since that was actually the first time I ever saw a CLS. I think they were using it for some sort of testing.

Hey Joey, is that a piece of CLX I spy in the background of post #7? It looks like an awfully large x-stat panel?!?!?

Amey,

I see what you're seeing. The Summits are right infront of it and with the CLS in the background, it looks like an optical illusion as it puts up a clear-sparred, Xstat infront for a CLS frame... probably the closest we could get to the CLX at the tour!

Joey

Its a CLS

Just to end any doubt here is a better picture I took. I did blow it up 400% and you can not read the fine print (model or s/n) on the back panel.

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpg
    IMG_2495.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 419
This is the man.

I think there should be a sticky somewhere on the site with Jim's picture and email address so that everyone knows who the customer service go to guy is. :bowdown:

(no this is not a shameless plug to get any freebies out of Jim :D )

Here is picture of Jim Powers at the Sunday night dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 410
Dave and Tom

Dave (twitch) and Tom before the dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_2455-02.jpg
    IMG_2455-02.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 423
Amazing...

:wow: Wow!

OMG! What an amazing event! What an awesome time you all had...
It seems like you guys got to see all aspects of the production of ML speakers, which must have been spectacular to behold in person, up-close and personal. I am simply blown away by all the wonderful photos you all took, while you were there. :D

Tom,

Those photo's were just fantastic! :D I am glad ML recognized your contribution, with a plaque but I agree with Joey...; You have done more than anyone I know in promoting ML out side of the ML company. I just wish they would have given you a pair of Summits in recognition and appreciation for all you efforts, enthusiasm and support over the years. Just know that when it comes to audio and the ML cause you deserve mega Kudos and beyond IMHO.

:eek: I hope to go next time...

We were all saying that we wish we could have made to the event so we could finally meet you in person. We're also talking about doing this again next year so hopefully you can join us then.

What a fabulous thread... very cool trip... pictures helped a lot for us who could not attend... THX

More Photos

I just got my photos posted up on flickr for everyone to look at and/or download. I will try to get the names with them over the next several days.

I sure had a great time at the meet. Sorry there are not more (and better) pictures.

Nice pics, Burke! The one with the red Summit is most excellent!!

Where are the rest of the pics guys? I'm sure we got more than just Tom, Burke, and me taking pics at the Meet...

Show us them eye-candy!

Thanks to all for posting their photos online, here and elsewhere. I culled about 50 of the best, and put together a slideshow for our local Tampa Bay Listening Society. Karin and Craig helped narrate, and I think our local non-ML audiophiles were impressed (well, at least nobody fell asleep :D ).

Anybody know if Robert Harley is gonna post a follow-up blurb about our KS trip online, or in print?

I just got my photos posted up on flickr for everyone to look at and/or download. I will try to get the names with them over the next several days.

I sure had a great time at the meet. Sorry there are not more (and better) pictures.

Great pictures, Burke!

Back