Moscode deal for forum members

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
All, as part of their sponsorship for the national event, Moscode is offering a special deal on the 401HR amplifier to forum members!

In addition to their "Risk Free 33 1/3 day free home trial" they are offering a $500.00 discount on this exceptional sounding and very well reviewed amplifier. I talked to Gage at Moscode about the amp recently and he told me it mates especially well with Martin Logans, so if you are considering a new amp anytime soon, this is very good timing.

E-mail or PM me for more details, and I'll have more information at the event as well. Here is a link too...

http://www.moscode.com/

Tim

Attachments

• 401hr_angle_intro1.jpg
    401hr_angle_intro1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 748
Don't forget that a Moscode 402 is either out now, or will be soon.

Don't forget that a Moscode 402 is either out now, or will be soon.

When I talked with Gage the only new amps he mentioned were the monoblock version of the 401HR offering 400wpc - (I don't know if that is the 402 you are referring to) and a lower powered, less aesthetic (no glass window for the tubes, thinner faceplate and chassis) version based upon the same circuitry as the 401 HR.

The 402 was shown at the NYC Stereophile show. It's said to be an update of the 401.

The 402 was shown at the NYC Stereophile show. It's said to be an update of the 401.

Greetings All,

I hope the national Event went well and was fun.

I saw this post and thought I would give an update.

We used modified Quad 63s and a George Kaye custom 200wpc Futterman OTl to aid us in voicing the Moscode 401. It mates very well with electrostatics, as some of you know.

The 402 is an updated 401HR, with some changes to the grounding scheme, some different power regulation on the front board and we are moving toward an all lead free design. The 401HR will no longer be in production with the release of the 402, the HR designation for Harvey Rosenberg will be removed. The 401 was for Harvey. With the 402, the price will reflect the true cost of production in the US and so the introductory price or $4995 for the 401, which we held for so long , will now be $6500 for the 402.

We will be making a 402P. The “P” designates Placette as we will be incorporating Placette volume control and switching technology into the circuit for an integrated 402. It will have switching, more inputs , etc. We have been using the Placette active and passive pre-amps at the shows with excellent results and it only made sense to connect the two. Having hard wired connections and short signal paths further improves transparency. The 402P will be priced at $7900.

The 402 will have exactly the same power output boards as the 401HR, but there will be some changes to the front board. George Kaye can make an upgrade to the 401HR to make it essentially a 402 if one so wishes. The 402 series is planned to be available later this fall, there are still many manufacturing issues to solve. We will have a prototype at RMAF this October for anyone who wishes to listen.

We have designs for a 201, which I mentioned to Tim and a few other products that might be able to fill the needs for Home Theater users who want Hybrid Technology. We have had to put some of our designs on the backburner as the market seems to be changing as fast as computers do. Applying resources in the right places is always difficult. The long range plan is to have three price tiers with the 402 line representing the middle tier.

Anyway, I could go on and on, it appears I have. Any input regarding new products, constructive comments are always well received.

Happy Listening!

Regards,

Gage Rommel
vice pres
Moscode, Inc.

Latest posts

Back