Saturday Nite Gathering

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Everybody that plans on making the sat nite social, 5-7pm, DON"T FORGET TO BRING A CD FOR THE EXCHANGE !!

Everybody that plans on making the sat nite social, 5-7pm, DON"T FORGET TO BRING A CD FOR THE EXCHANGE !!

Yep, been giving that some though recently. I want it to be something I really like, something that is of artistic merit, and shows off the Logans really well.

Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

Are these required to be "commercial" CD's, or can we create "Demo Discs" of our favorite tracks?

Are these required to be "commercial" CD's, or can we create "Demo Discs" of our favorite tracks?

Oh yeah, that's a cool idea. I'd say whatever you want to bring in sir. I'd be very intersted in obtaining a copy of what you're talking about, and would be proud to own it!

Yep, I got it man - have you heard the new bootleg Britany Spears Lip Sync sessions? I picked it up on a 300g vinyl direct to disc pressing.

That's it... I'm getting that just for you, Tim. Just for YOU. :devil:

Yeah.. don't forget about the CD exchange.. I've got to give this some serious thought.... A white elephant perhaps?

Should we bring the CDs gift wrapped, so you don't know what you're getting, and then put them in a pile and just take one?

Let's hear some ideas...

Tom.

Yeah.. don't forget about the CD exchange.. I've got to give this some serious thought.... A white elephant perhaps?

Should we bring the CDs gift wrapped, so you don't know what you're getting, and then put them in a pile and just take one?

Let's hear some ideas...

Tom.

Yeah! I think that's a good idea... maybe leave a card on the wrapper itself so we atleast know who bought what...?

I just had my son do a "lossless burn", whatever the hell that means on the following CD's that i plan on putting into the 'basket':

The Peter Malick Group - Chance & Circumstance

BeeGie Adair - As Time Goes By

Music for Living - A great compilation disc featuring various artists

Do we bring only 1 or do we bring more than 1?

I'm baffled....

I was thinking of buying a CD for a special MLO-er....

Ah well, I have a week to work on this. ;)

I got a CD for the exchange. It is a commercial pressing and I just got 1

I'm bringing multiple demo discs assembled from my carfully ripped masters on my server. All sources are 16/44.1 WAVs.

Others will be commercial shrink-wraps of some my favorites albums (because I have bad memory regarding what I already own), one is even a DVD-A :D

I'm only bringing 1 CD and it will be a commercial pressing.

Make sure you gift wrap them and put your name on it so the person who receives your CD knows who gave it.

Make sure you gift wrap them and put your name on it so the person who receives your CD knows who gave it.

Only concern with that Tom is how do you know your not selecting something you allready have ? Granted you could then rexchange with someone else.

Here's a thought; as everyone enters the reception they turn in their CD (s) prior to getting their 'goody bag'.

I found the disc I'm bringing for Joey - "William Shatner sings Donovan". His version of "Mellow Yellow" is to die for.

I found the disc I'm bringing for Joey - "William Shatner sings Donovan". His version of "Mellow Yellow" is to die for.

You're still getting Britney Spears....

And this will be in MP3 format just to make things better, Tim.

:)

Back