Acoustic Sounds Road Trip

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
National Event Participants...

One of the activities we've been planning for those of you coming to the National Event is a road trip from Lawrence over to Salina to visit the facilities at Acoustic Sounds. I talked to Chad at Acoustic Sounds (hell of a nice guy) and he's happy to have us come over to the facility, spend time in their listening room, buy any hardware or software we want, maybe even give us a tour of the church that they converted to their recording studio. Chad just asked for a head count so he knows how many of us audio geeks to expect.

I know I'm heading over there, and pretty sure Dave (Twich54) is on board. Who else is interested?

If for some odd reason you aren't familar with Acoustic Sounds follow this link...

http://store.acousticsounds.com/?keywords=g_acoustic_sounds&gclid=CIjvstDq2YwCFQwzZAodVH8-Kw

Here's a look at one of their showrooms with the mighty Avalon Sentinal in residence...

Attachments

• Acosutic Sounds Avalon.jpg
    Acosutic Sounds Avalon.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Not to mention an HRX.... nice!

If Cherian goes, I'll go, too. :D

It's a two hour drive one way to acoustic sounds from our hotel.:eek:

Any other events planned for that day, besides the Sunday dinner?

After an 8 hour drive down on Saturday, it might be a tough sell to the wife to climb into the vehicle for another 4 hours to check out more stereo equipment.

Or better yet an event just for the wives on Sunday?

It's a two hour drive one way to acoustic sounds from our hotel.:eek:

After an 8 hour drive down on Saturday, it might be a tough sell to the wife to climb into the vehicle for another 4 hours to check out more stereo equipment.

It's tough enough to sell to the gf a 30 minute drive for audio related stuff... that's why I'm going on this trip alone... commando style.

I mean.... :eek: .

Wayne, I understand, unfortunately Acoustic Sounds can only accommodate us on Sat as it turns out, I believe Tim has a time allocated for us on Sat. Sun is wide open at this point. Besides my wife won't be going on Sat either.

At this juncture we have no set plans for daytime activities on Sun; myself , Tom and Tim will be arriving on Fri so hopefully we can nose around and find some options, not only for Sun, but Sat evening after the ****tail reception as well.

If anybody has or knows of Sun possibilities ....Speak up !!..... I wonder if the Royals have a day game ?????

Wayne, I understand, unfortunately Acoustic Sounds can only accommodate us on Sat as it turns out
Dave,
I thought the road trip was on Sunday, so definately won't be going Saturday.
If anybody has or knows of Sun possibilities ....Speak up !!..... I wonder if the Royals have a day game ?????

The Royals are in town that weekend playing the Marlins. Sunday is an afternoon game. Not sure how far the stadium is from Lawrenece.

The Royals are in town that weekend playing the Marlins. Sunday is an afternoon game. Not sure how far the stadium is from Lawrenece.

Wayne, According to mapquest, 40 miles / 41 minutes, all interstate.

Depending on weather it's a possibility, I suspect tickets should be avaiable given how bad the Royals are !

I am not sure yet whether we will leave late Friday from Dallas or drive up on Saturday. If we leave Friday and stay somewhere along the way we could be there in time to go to to Salina so color me and the missus there tentatively. I think we will come in the Navigator rather than the Cobra in case others need a ride to Salina or to the factory tour.

I am not sure yet whether we will leave late Friday from Dallas or drive up on Saturday. If we leave Friday and stay somewhere along the way we could be there in time to go to to Salina so color me and the missus there tentatively. I think we will come in the Navigator rather than the Cobra in case others need a ride to Salina or to the factory tour.

Yeah, I'll likely be driving my Land Cruiser with the extra seats in the back instead of my new Acura TL for the same reason.

TTRay will be going for sure!

Yeah, I'll likely be driving my Land Cruiser with the extra seats in the back instead of my new Acura TL for the same reason.

Hi Tim. Remember me? (131,000 miles :eek: ... and still as sweet a ride as ever).

I'll be joining in on the festivities at Acoustic Sounds for sure. :rocker:

I had to change my itinerary a little bit in order to make it work, but it's a done deal!

Are we getting any special pricing from Acoustic Sounds?

See y'all there!

Cheers,
Ray

Back