Hiss from the speakers - ML Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abhijit

Reaction score
I added a Cary SLP-05 a few months back. I am observing a hiss at volume more than 12'o clock. Is it normal or requires the replacement of Tubes? I am using Plinius SA-102 power amp. Fortunately the speakers are quiet at low volume level - so cant blame the speakers

I added a Cary SLP-05 a few months back. I am observing a hiss at volume more than 12'o clock. Is it normal or requires the replacement of Tubes? I am using Plinius SA-102 power amp. Fortunately the speakers are quiet at low volume level - so cant blame the speakers

how do you like the Cary?

how do you like the Cary?

It's a very transparent pre-amp. I had been using SF Line 1 for the last 7 years (upgraded with NOS) but Cary is much superior even with the stock tubes

It's a very transparent pre-amp. I had been using SF Line 1 for the last 7 years (upgraded with NOS) but Cary is much superior even with the stock tubes

I bet with some NOS 6SN7 tubes like from Sylvania or Pope, you're probably getting some real good sound out of the Cary 05 right?

I bet with some NOS 6SN7 tubes like from Sylvania or Pope, you're probably getting some real good sound out of the Cary 05 right?

Hey we have the same speakers and amp. The combo is marvelous. Where can I get the NOS TUBES at a bargain? Pre-amp is super.

Back