Open house call

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
While not a regional get together, I am extending an open invitation to members who might like to stop by individually or as a group to listen to my systems, discuss our obsessive hobby and just have some fun. I do encourage anyone who stops by to being some tunes they enjoy.
beatnik.gif

While not a regional get together, I am extending an open invitation to members who might like to stop by individually or as a group to listen to my systems, discuss our obsessive hobby and just have some fun. I do encourage anyone who stops by to being some tunes they enjoy.
beatnik.gif

You should probably at least list a general area in Texas where you are at... Pretty big state if you are in El Paso the Dallas folks would be closer to a get together in Chicago than at your place (seriously friends...check out a map, DFW is closer to Chi'town than El Paso!!!)

You should probably at least list a general area in Texas where you are at... Pretty big state if you are in El Paso the Dallas folks would be closer to a get together in Chicago than at your place (seriously friends...check out a map, DFW is closer to Chi'town than El Paso!!!)

I just did a driving directions for the two and got 636 miles Dallas to El Paso, and 969 miles Dallas to Chicago, so it appears Chicago is a bit over 300 miles further from Dallas than El Paso is.

Peter

I'm in San Antonio 78218. That is about an hour from Austin, three hours from Houston and four from Dallas.

More specifically on the north east side: 410 & 35.

Also, I run the Lone Star Bottleheads club. We meet every other month at someone's house in the San Antonio/Dallas/Houston triangle. This may expand to Corpus Christi with a new guy that came to the meet a few weeks ago at my house.

Depending on how much of an audio junkie you are, you can also check out the Houston Audio Society.

Audio is an addiction with no cure. You can only feed it more gear.

I just did a driving directions for the two and got 636 miles Dallas to El Paso, and 969 miles Dallas to Chicago, so it appears Chicago is a bit over 300 miles further from Dallas than El Paso is.

Peter

Check it from Houston.... Maybe the person that told me that was mixed up? Though I think Houston is only like 836 from El Paso and of course Houston if even further from Chicago. Not sure where I heard that but I won't pass it on again, but it does make for a nice story. Either way you cut it, if you are in El Paso, you are a LONG way from most of Texas and if you are in Chicago you are a long way from Texas too! :D :eek:

Maybe he meant cultural distance, or some sort of apparent distance. My nephew is stationed in El Paso and I drove there from Florida before he went to Iraq. What a horriible place to go! And a horrible trip to get there.

beatnik.gif
Thanks for the invite. I have visited the Bottlehead website and was fascinated by all the cool people and by the level of DYI sophistication. I hadn't pursued it further because most of the equipment probably couldn't work with my speakers (Apogee Divas). Now that I sold my Divas and currently use Summits I should be more open minded about these sorts of things.

Thanks for the invite. I have visited the Bottlehead website and was fascinated by all the cool people and by the level of DYI sophistication. I hadn't pursued it further because most of the equipment probably couldn't work with my speakers (Apogee Divas). Now that I sold my Divas and currently use Summits I should be more open minded about these sorts of things.
Yes, the Apogees are even more difficult to drive than electrostats. I have a pair of Duetta Signatures in storage. The DIY stuff is fun but most of it requires efficient speakers. I drive my CLS's with a pair of Carver Silver 7t amps (575 watts into 8 ohms, 900 into 4, 1000 into 2 and stable to 1 ohm). I'm into all forms of audio; tubes, solid state, analog, digital, electrostats, horns, etc... it's all fun.

There are many roads to audio nirvana. The ultimate point may be the destination, but don't forget to enjoy the ride.

I have been a follower of your progress for some time now. I have also seen photo galleries of audio gear that you have heard and gear that has "evolved" throughout your system. Next year I would like to make it down to your pad to meet you and to hear your current [at the time] system. I would make it this year, but Carverfest, Polkfest and a multitude of shows and mini get-togethers has me tied up this year. Kudos to you and your interest in the hobby.:rocker:

Hey Wardsweb,
Are you following me??;) I keep seeing you everywhere lately. We'll have to get together soon, not sure I'm going to be able to make it to Houston for the next meet but I'm still willing to host one at my house soon. Looking forward to it.

Best Regards,
John

Back