Dreamer's Last-Ditch Listening Day--Maryland

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Classified Forum Moderator
Reaction score
OK. We;re doing the big move to Fayetteville the weekend of the 9th of June. So there isn't much time for all you Yankees to hear Dreamer's system...

--+--LAST DITCH LISTENING DAY--+--

Bring your favorite CDs or other digital sources. (The turntable is sort of out-of-commission at this point--my cartridge is shot...) If you have preferred drinks, bring them, but I'll have the usual sodas, tea/coffee and some beers, as well as a small spread of munchies.

Considering my schdule (and the step-daughters work schedule) I'm looking at either Friday evening starting at 7 or 8), that way it can run late if we want, or Sunday maybe starting around 1pm. It all depends on everyone's schedules...

If there is enough interest, we'll do it. If not, then you'll have to drive to NC in a month or so to hear the new setup!

I live in a condo, so unfortunately grilling is not possible here (yet again, I fall short of DTB300! ;) ) But if we do a Sunday afternoon thing, I'll have a nice selection of munchies and maybe some little sandwiches or something.

So let me know if you're free, DC/Baltimore area people! I know its short notice, but it will be fun...

--Richard

I've cross-posted this Meet on the Carver list too, so there will probably be one or two Carver folks coming by as well...

So it looks like I'm pretty much decided on Sunday. I'm thinking Afternoon some time. Maybe start getting here around 2pm--that will give me time to clear things up a bit, make it all nice for guests... :doubt:

If it runs long and we get hungry, we can order pizza, or there's a pretty good Thai/Japanese place across the street that makes good sushi and GREAT noodles...

How does that sound?

--Richard

One more thing:

We have cats. Three to be exact.

Hopefully that isn't an allergy issue for anyone...

--Richard

I just received an email from a very dear friend reminding that she is having a gallery opening in Rockville from 1-4 on Sunday. Darn, forgot all about that one...

So how about this, if I shift our start time on sunday to 6 or 7pm, would that work for y'all? If Sunday evening is not OK, I DO have Saturday afternoon free, but I do have somewhere to be by 8 or 9 Saturday evening. My new Benchmark DAC arrived today (Friday), so it will be up and running in the stack, along with the new Krell pre...

Let me know which one works for you folks. I'd prefer the Sunday evening time, but I'm COMPLETELY flexible...

Sorry for the schedule change, but I REALLY should go to my friend's opening. She hasn't had a show in about 2 years, and this may be the last chance I get to go to one of her DC-area openings...

--Richard

Last edited:
OK, let's do this.

Time: Sunday, June 3 2007, starting after 6pm

Place: Dreamer's House

Event: Last chance for DC/Baltimore area folks to hear Dreamer's system...

Things to Bring: your favorite CDs. I may have the turntable back online by Sunday, but I've got some vinyl to demo it with if it's a go...

I will provide munchies, maybe some sandwiches or something, and sodas and I'll have a few beers on hand too. If you have something you like to drink that is out of the ordinary, bring it.

PM me for directions and contact info.

--Richard

Back