New member, feedback requested

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your dealer has any integrity and for the amount of money your'e looking at spending, an in-home audition is a very reasonable request and should not be denied. A 30 day money back option is the best of all scenarios. Hopefully, the Summits have a hundred hours of play time already.

As a minimum, get a one week test drive. You'll need that amount of time to really appreciate how you can fine tune the Summits (placement / x-over settings) to your room.

IMHO, if your dealer is unwilling to do this, find another dealer.

GG

If you want bass get rid of the tubes on the botom end ! One word Krell!:music:

As Jonfo stated Summitt's have the own built in amps to drive the woofers, also FYI the ARC HD220 is a 'Hybrid' amp whereby the 'tubes' enclosed are utilized in the input and gian stages and the output stages are solid state.

That funky gangsta s#!% will knock the grills right off your teeth, and the country and bluegrass I listen to is as tangy and stringy as a bowl of cheap spaghetti... ;)
Your gift for analogy moves me. :)

It most certainly IS a myth that Logans can't handle rock (or other electrified) music
The only way I can think of that this myth came into being is that they really do spotlight crappy studio work, where your frat-house 'Vegas and B*se cover it right up. I've noticed some debut albums that sound pretty bad, and I've even seen where the songs intended for radio release got much better attention than the filler material.

I, too venture into almost every genre of music other than recent pop, and I haven't found anything that I expect to sound better on another speaker.

Back