Questions to ask ML at Get Together

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Thought it might be useful to gather a bunch of questions to ask ML at our upcoming Get Together. This will give them some time to come up with answers.

Here are a few for starters...

-Is Gayle Sanders still involved (at any level) with ML?

-What is ShoreViews "view" of the higher-end audio market?

-What specific protection circuitry is included in the Summits and Vantages, and is it MOV-based? Any way to tell if the protection is still intact after a "blown power amp" experience?

-How do they determine the "default" tilt angle of their panels? Why not offer more built-in flexibility to adjust that (e.g. longer spikes on Summits)?

-Might there be an eventual upgrade path offered for Summit and Vantage owners to "new and improved" ice-power modules, woofers, or panels? (Or will we just need to BUY the Summit i, etc.)

-Has ML ever considered selling "transferable extended warranties" (for those who may have purchased previously owned equipment?)

Last edited:
Good idea, and considering I've just seen the list of attendees from M/L that will be at the dinner Sunday Nite (Tom will post more info soon) there will be plenty of knowledgable folks to answer those questions !!

They also have a very nice gift bag of goodies planned for everyone as well !

You did, and deserve ROYALTY payments from ML for proving the concept works! But only a fraction of ML owners lurk here, so most would never know how much difference the tilt tweak makes! Longer/more adjustable spikes should be included by default, with mention of the tilt adjustment in the owners manual.

You did, and deserve ROYALTY payments from ML for proving the concept works! But only a fraction of ML owners lurk here, so most would never know how much difference the tilt tweak makes! Longer/more adjustable spikes should be included by default, with mention of the tilt adjustment in the owners manual.

Well, we can solve that problem as well....marketing guru anyone? I make you sell. What a concept.

Great idea, Sleepy! Let's keep this going..

It'll be great to interact with questions during or after dinner on Sunday night.

Great thread sleepysurf! I have certainly enjoyed my Race Spikes tho' I still haven't played with tilt. My system is finally singing and I am afraid of screwing it up! I want to know what ancillary equipment is used in voicing the speakers at the factory.

Thus far... - Sounds like Gayle Sanders is pretty much there in spirit only. However, having chatted with some of the design/engineering/marketing folks, there is absolutely *no* lack of enthusiasm/talent behind the scenes. They are one VERY impressive team.

- I don't know about Shoreview, but the design/marketing folks are very upbeat about the expanding home theater and higher-end custom install market. Not sure how they view the pure two-channel outlook. One interesting comment though was that EVERY new design (even center channel) must FIRST pass muster as a two-channel device! -

-Interesting answer re tilt. It's a compromise to allow shorter panels (market driven) while still getting adequate soundstage height. They *are* aware of our comments about the spikes, and will demo/discuss further today.

- Re extended-warranty for previously owned units... too difficult to offer without first being able to check over unit to ensure it hadn't been damaged/altered. They are fully committed to keep offering stellar support/repairs for out-of-warranty units for reasonable $$. I'll ask the other questions today.

Last edited:
-Re Shoreview... they are pretty much a silent investor/management... letting ML do what they do best... with little or no interference. Very nice to hear that.

-As for the two-channel market, their chief designer David (an extremely bright guy, BTW) says they have had, and continue to have, parallel development in both the two-channel and home theater market. They view BOTH markets as sustainable.

-Unfortunately, didn't get to ask for details about the Ice-Power protection circuitry, nor whether any amplifier board upgrades might be possible.

Latest posts

Back