NC listening get together

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TXS, IWalker. Will do.

Is there an update on the time for the NC Get-together? PM me if you would like, I'm up in your neck of the woods daily.

From my standpoint, I'm going to be out of town from july 13th (evening) until the following saturday or sunday (21 or 22) but have no other conflicts...and I have my system ready to go...though I don't know how much interest most people will have in my setup (I built 2/3 of the speakers and use pro-amps and a pro crossover to drive it, straight from an Oppo $150 CD/DVD Player) - so most of it will probably stay at home. I know jtwrace has his new pair of speakers on order, and probably wouldn't want to host until those came in...which is dependant on whatever lead time there is on them. So I figure it's probably looking like late July to early august at this point. Anyone have any major schedule conflicts? (out of town, etc.)

I'm going to be out of town for the last week of July and th efirst week of August...

But the rest of the summer looks pretty open for me, and Charlotte is only a few hours away.

I'm also planning on having a little "get together" sometime, whenever I get my system all unpacked, set up and "dialed in" to the new digs...

--Richard

Yeah, my July calendar filled up rather quickly, and for all intents and purposes, my "freetime" is pretty much baked until the middle of August now:

The weekend of the 14th I'll be in Huntsville AL.

The weekend of the 21'st my sister and nephew are visiting us here in Fayetteville, and bringing a truckload of furniture for me out of storage.

Then I'm driving them back to Wheeling WV that Sunday, and staying there for a week to help her with some stuff, and then driving from there up to the big SCA event in PA from the 27th through the weekend of Aug.5

So I won't really have a free weekend until after August 5.

But perhaps by the middle of August I should have the listening room all finished up, tweaked, polished and all my cabling nice and tidy, and can host something here in Fayetteville. We're pretty centrally located--2 hours to Charlotte, 1 hour to Raleigh/Durham, and about 2.5 hours to Richmond VA.

We should have a grill by then too. And we've found a fantastic source for REALLY good bratwurst and brotchen... :p

--Richard

Richard,

It will probably be sometime in the middle of August to middle of Sept anyway. I want to have everything setup and running. It will take some time so just plan on that.

jtwrace

Yeah, my July calendar filled up rather quickly, and for all intents and purposes, my "freetime" is pretty much baked until the middle of August now:

The weekend of the 21'st my sister and nephew are visiting us here in Fayetteville, and bringing a truckload of furniture for me out of storage.

Then I'm driving them back to Wheeling WV that Sunday, and staying there for a week to help her with some stuff, and then driving from there up to the big SCA event in PA from the 27th through the weekend of Aug.5

But perhaps by the middle of August I should have the listening room all finished up, tweaked, polished and all my cabling nice and tidy, and can host something here in Fayetteville. We're pretty centrally located--2 hours to Charlotte, 1 hour to Raleigh/Durham, and about 2.5 hours to Richmond VA.

We should have a grill by then too. And we've found a fantastic source for REALLY good bratwurst and brotchen... :p

--Richard

--Richard

Sounds like a plan! A charlotte meet and a fayettville meet? We could get a circuit going! :D

I too am in the University area of Charlotte and I'd LOVE to meet up and do some listening.

I too am in the University area of Charlotte and I'd LOVE to meet up and do some listening.

Cool. It will happen, probably in about two months. KIT though

Actually, two months would probably great for me, if its going to be on a weekend day. Charlotte is a few hours away, but I can make the drive.

I'm actually attending a "CarverFest" in the southwestern corner of NC the weekend of 15 Sept., and I'm essentially taking my whole system (minus the Martin Logan Sequels) including cables, so we can have a KILLER system in our cabin. (Weve rented a block of cabins and we've got about 2 dozen guys coming with truckloads of gear, including Carver speakers!) Luckily, the electricity is not going to cost us extra... ;)

So anyway, this should give me a little more experience with setting up listening sessions, so hopefully I'll be able to put together a little "Martin Logan" listening day in Fayetteville sometime in the next few months. I'm shopping for a grill right now, so we can grill some brats, burgers and other carnivorous treats for the meet.

I'll be posting pics soon of my newest incarnation of my system. I finally go tthe shelves put together, and most of the gear racked up and cabled, so it looks REALLY spiffy. Can't wait to have some of y'all over to hear it--it sounds pretty good, and will sound even better in a week or so, because I'm expecting a pair of Carver Silver 7t amps to be arriving from Connecticut soon...

--Richard

Jut back from CarverFest, and I am JAZZED about my system, and sharing it with other people. Guys, we REALLY need to arrange some get-togethers soon!

I'm thinking maybe I can do one sometime in late October. Hopefully it won't be too chilly to cook out by then, and I should have everything completely re-adjusted and tweaked out by then. (I took just about ALL my gear, minus the Sequels, so now I have to completely reassemble the system again...)

Does that sound good for any of you guys?

--Richard

Carverfest was a wonderful experience. I attended as well. Seven different complete two channel rigs and a lot of gear that you normally wouldn't get to experience without a lot of travel. Folks flew in from CA, FL, Ohio, Michigan...all over, really. We had so much fun that all of us will be doing the same thing again next year. Same time. Same bat channel.

The group that attended got to experience the "wall" of sound with a system we set up on the fly. 2 sets of Carver Amazings and 1 set of ALIII's hooked up to one stereo rig. I've never heard anything like it and won't again until next year.

I feel that the absolute best way to learn in this hobby is to gain exposure to the different types of rigs, systems and synergy within said systems. I agree with Dreamer....we need to get some get-together happening. It's always nice to put a face with the name as well.

I'm not Paul Harvey. Good day.

OK, this regional get together kinda went to the wayside. How 'bout we start the dialog again aiming for sometime after the new year?

I was just thinking about this myself...

I'd LOVE to get some folks out here sometime in the next month or so, but with the holidays coming up fast, time may be short.

Perhaps your idea is better--can we get something set up somewhere after New Years?

I'd REALLY like to host something in Fayetteville, but I'd also like to hear some of the other folk's system...

--Richard

rampage60,

No, I think a month or two would be plenty of time for ME to make ready for such a gathering...

1) There are fewer than a dozen ML folk within driving distance of me,

2) There are NO high-end retailers or manufacturers within a 90-minute drive (Cary is up in Cary NC), so it would just be a gathering at my place, and

3) I have a LOT of experience with entertaining, and can throw together a prtty nice spread in an afternoon if I have to... ;)

I'm not talking about a weekend-long gig here, bro, just a day-trip sort of thing, and maybe offering crash space to a few who have to drive a long distance. This is not going to be like the National event, just locals, and believe me, in North Carolina, we ML folk are few and far between. In fact, I think I've already met every member of this forum who lives here. I've met one guy who isn't on the forum (the bloke who sold Cherian his new Monoliths) and he's right here in Fayetteville.

The big difficulty is getting the other people to arrange their schedules... ;)

--Richard

Richard, sounds to me no matter what, you'll have a very successful gathering. I wish I was closer I'd like to join. :bowdown:

Latest posts

Back