NC listening get together

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so we've got a place, lots of people interested, a fair stackof gear lined up, and I'm sure we all have our favorite "demo tracks" already picked out...

So now, all we need is a date! Let's work on narrowing down the schedule. It's been my experience that for an event like this to come off smoothly, we need to have at least 3 weeks lead time, so that everyone can plan their schedules ahead.

It's looking like I'm going to be moving down to NC th efirst weekend in June. That weekend will, of coure, be completely out for me. I've got a LOT of stuff to move, so it will probably be a slow phase-in where I'll be making a few trips over the summer to get my stuff all out of storage in WV and trucked down to NC, but if I have enough notice, I'm TOTALLY in for this summer meet.

So let's try and nail down a date. This should be a GREAT meet!

--Richard

Then again, Some of you might want to make the trek to the Atlanta metro event I'm planning...

Count me in on an Atlanta event. It's a short 3.5 hour drive and my father-in-law has a condo in Buckhead I could stay in.

I'm thinking the end of June or mid July. What works best for all?

The get together sounds fine to me.

Has any thought been given to maybe a local Martin Logan dealer offering an event? Freemans or House of Taylor ect. I would like to listen to multiple components (pre-amps, amps, CDs etc.) in addition to ML speakers. I would like some expert opinions to help determine optimum equipment within budget etc. versus salesman's opinions $$$.

Brad

Speaking of posts, this is my first post here on the ML forum. Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm treitz3 and I am down here in Charlotte, North Carolina. I am heavily envolved with all things 2 channel and all things audio. I've got the disease. Sometimes it hurts a bit when the upgradititis flares up, but the days just seem to be better when it settles down. This disease sure is alot of fun, though!:D

Depending on when this get together is, if you folks don't mind me coming, I would love to attend, listen and talk shop about all that is audio. I could also bring a couple of my "toys" as well if you are interested.

I'm getting married in three days, so I will not be real quick to respond to questions or comments, but I look forward to being a positive force on this forum as the years go by...............

Speaking of posts, this is my first post here on the ML forum. Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm treitz3 and I am down here in Charlotte, North Carolina. I am heavily envolved with all things 2 channel and all things audio. I've got the disease. Sometimes it hurts a bit when the upgradititis flares up, but the days just seem to be better when it settles down. This disease sure is alot of fun, though!:D

Depending on when this get together is, if you folks don't mind me coming, I would love to attend, listen and talk shop about all that is audio. I could also bring a couple of my "toys" as well if you are interested.

I'm getting married in three days, so I will not be real quick to respond to questions or comments, but I look forward to being a positive force on this forum as the years go by...............

Yes, no problem at all. The more the better! I'm at Exit. 25 off I-77. IWalker is downtown so were all really close. Do you own Logans now? Just curious on your setup....Congrat's on the wedding in three days. It's like anything else, you get out what you put it.

My rig is not your typical two channel rig at all. It's a little "unique", if you will. Her name is crackbaby and she's a dual amped, dual speakered stereo system with sub.

Time is very precious to me right now, so I can't go into details. I will fill you all in when I get back from Mexico a hitched soul. As for answering to whether or not I have Martin Logans? Not currently. I am trying to decide as to whether or not to get a planar ribbon, or electrostats for my upper end. Right now my main complaint is a lack of proper soundstage. 19 years of my audio journey have passed and I'm ready to make the next leap and I will admittedly need some expert advice from folks who actually use ML's as opposed to a freakin' salesman.

Just let me know the proposed date of the get together and I will be there. I can bring any part of crackbaby that you folks would like to listen to or A/B with the gear that will be there. Thank you.

My rig is not your typical two channel rig at all. It's a little "unique", if you will. Her name is crackbaby and she's a dual amped, dual speakered stereo system with sub.

Time is very precious to me right now, so I can't go into details. I will fill you all in when I get back from Mexico a hitched soul. As for answering to whether or not I have Martin Logans? Not currently. I am trying to decide as to whether or not to get a planar ribbon, or electrostats for my upper end. Right now my main complaint is a lack of proper soundstage. 19 years of my audio journey have passed and I'm ready to make the next leap and I will admittedly need some expert advice from folks who actually use ML's as opposed to a freakin' salesman.

Just let me know the proposed date of the get together and I will be there. I can bring any part of crackbaby that you folks would like to listen to or A/B with the gear that will be there. Thank you.

Haha. Love the name of the stereo! Best of luck with the wedding! We'll keep you in the loop. :rocker:

treitz3, welcome aboard bro!

It's OK to tell these guys what amps you are using treitz3. Not ALL Martin logan folk are running Krells or Brystons or ARC or Plinius. There are several of us here on this forum who are part of the "Carver Brotherhood". You are safe here, and among friends... :welcome:

I've been on the "Carver Owners Forum" for quite a while, and treitz3 is a good friend from over there. I'm glad to see he's finally seeing the light when it comes to speakers. I think we may have a VERY easy sell with this one folks!

Congrats on your impending bondage, er, uh, marriage, and I wish you and your new wife a life of sweetness and harmony. :D

By the time you get settled in from your honeymoon, I will probably be setting up my rig in Fayetteville. I've already reserved the truck to move my first load of stuff (furniture, kitchen gear, and stereo) for the weekend of June 9th. You'll have to come over and hear it later in the month. Actually, we'll probably have a housewarming party sometime in late-June or early July, and when we decide on a date, I'll post invited to all the folks from my various audio forums in the area. Grilling, MLs and Carver--what's not to like!

Again, welcome to the ML forum, treitz3, and congrats on your marriage!

--Richard

The weekend of the 20th might be the best...anyone have a preference for Sat over Sun? I would say Sat would be better for all but thought I would ask. Please let me know.

OK, it's official, we're moving into the new place on the weekend of the 9th of June. So it should take me 3 or 4 days to get the system all set up and dialed in to the new room. Probably take the better part of two weeks to get the rest of the house all set up and unpacked...

Which means by the weekend of the 20th I' should have some free time (or at the very least, I'll be ready to take a break for some recreation!).

So I'm in for that date. Heck I might even host a listening session if some of the other hosts are reasonably close to Fayetteville and folks don't mind driving. We could make it sort of a "progressive dinner" sort of thing...

So we have a date, and I'm assuming a volunteer to host (in addition to me).

And am I correct in assuming the location is somewhere in the Charlotte area?

Now all we need to decide is what time do the festivities begin...

--Richard

Last edited:
As of now I will have to move the date forward. Just because I'm trying to make it an even more engaging experience for all with more gear. A few systems and all kinds of stuff. Just give it time. I usually do not disappoint. :D

When things settle down for me with all that is on my plate, I will list my system and you can pick and choose from what you would like me to bring, if you are interested............;)

Soon, I tell 'ya, soon.............

When things settle down for me with all that is on my plate, I will list my system and you can pick and choose from what you would like me to bring, if you are interested............;)

Soon, I tell 'ya, soon.............

sounds like a great plan to me

Crap, where do I post my rig?

OK, I am very humble when I ask this question........seeing as how I do not currently have ML speak's, where do I list my system? It's gonna be a long post, because of the "untypical" system that I run.

Thanks in advance.

Just post it in the member's section...and say something like Speakers:[Whatever you have] (Soon to be MLs!)

I wonder if my system will get unposted now that it's ML free?! :D

I don't see a picture of your updated system anyway.

Back