NorCal listening Party

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if we had black pizza, we'd spend too much time cleaning the vinyl, changing the records, adjusting that penny on the tone-arm to keep the track from skipping... you know..

if we had black pizza, we'd spend too much time cleaning the vinyl, changing the records, adjusting that penny on the tone-arm to keep the track from skipping... you know..

Well then you need to upgrade. Precision tonearms these days only need a dime - much svelter and more aesthetically appealing.

Well then you need to upgrade. Precision tonearms these days only need a dime - much svelter and more aesthetically appealing.
Nah! All you need is a Marigo cartridge dot - if you can get one, that is !

Harruuuggggmmmffff!!!!!

Freakin' 5:25 Mountain Time already and no posts or pictures from this monumental event?!?

What the hell, are you all just sitting around drinkin' booze and listening to music or something?

:music::food12::guiness::guitarman:

Hic... we're busted... hic :guiness:

To those who couldn't make it you missed a fun gathering. Tom was a gracious host and for the better part of 5 hours it was non-stop music. Tom has a nice comfortable listening room with a great view. It would be easy to spend many hours idling the time away. I hope this is the first of many Nor-Cal get togethers because it's always nice to get a bunch of like-minded folks to get together to listen/discuss a passion that they all share. :D

Tom is a great host and his speakers are amazing. Came away with another must buy CD ~ Head Hunters by Herbie Hanc0ck. Always enjoy these get togethers - good company and new music to acquire .

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom is a great host and his speakers are amazing. Came away with another must buy CD ~ Head Hunters by Herbie Han****. Always enjoy these get togethers - good company and new music to acquire .
Just need to clarify that the CD is Return of the Headhunters! with special guest Herbie Hancoc k (1998), or you'll end up with HH's 1973 album Head Hunters.

Really nice to see you guys and THANKS! to Tom for hosting.

Hey all,

had fun today listening to music and chatting with other MLC members... Here's a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_7414 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7414 (Medium).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 138
Floppy , Doppy, Grumpy ........:ROFL:

Yes names would be nice to put with a face.

Hey Tom,

Thanks for being such a great host and putting up with us for a Saturday afternoon! You have a really sweet system, it was terrific to listen to a pair of Summits driven by that Pass amp. Great dynamics!:bowdown:

Nice to find another guy that listens to Linda Ronstadt w/big band-type music too.

Best To You,

Rick Hom

Ooops crrrrrr*pppppp....I missed it. I've been missing a lot of things lately due to hectic traveling schedule (flew out today back to the East Coast) so definitely regret missing this. :( Sounds like good fun was had by all and please please please let there be more gatherings in the future!!

While we were all enjoying Tom's system I suggested that we let this be the first of many get together's. I volunteered to host the next one so all we have to do is pick a date.

What was really fun for me was to listen to some new music and get some constructive criticism about my system. Glad you all liked Joey's Summits :rolleyes: Some day I'll ditch the receiver and get a proper pre-amp or HT processor... sigh.

It also was a huge kick in the ass for me to get my system more dialed in. I gotta move that rack to one of the corners and work on getting the speakers to disappear more.

Taylode, the next 2 weekends are not good for me, but I suggest you just pick a date that works for you and let us all know... ;)

Latest posts

Back