Sequel II Schematic

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyG

Reaction score
Hi guys!!

I was wondering where a guy could get the schematic for the sequel II? I was wanting to replace the capacitors with some auricaps or mundorfs...

While I got your attention...what capacitors would you guys use to soak as much performance out of the panels?? Also would you think that uping the cap size by 25% would be a good idea.....obviously I would keep that same voltage....just make the bucket bigger.

Hi guys!!

I was wondering where a guy could get the schematic for the sequel II? I was wanting to replace the capacitors with some auricaps or mundorfs...

While I got your attention...what capacitors would you guys use to soak as much performance out of the panels?? Also would you think that uping the cap size by 25% would be a good idea.....obviously I would keep that same voltage....just make the bucket bigger.

Hi,
I would be careful about changing component values, especially in the crossover/equalization circuit. The values are chosen to give the proper crossover point and frequency response. Changing the values would likely degrade the performance of the speaker. You could however, swap them for higher quality components of the same value.

The stock high voltage caps in the bias circuit should be fine. The panel works with an electroSTATIC charge (the keyword being static), and once the panel is charged the only current involved is a very miniscule leakage current from imperfect insulation around the diaphragm. The stock caps have more than enough capacity for the job, and I seriously doubt you could detect any change with different ones.

HTH,
Peter

I did it to my Sequels and it does a make a difference. As the other poster said, stick to the same values. The parts in the Sequel II are kind of mediocre. The cabinet is crappy too which makes the bass wimpy and muffled. There are threads throughout the website describing mods to stock MLs.

Back