Formula One Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Silverstone GP a few years ago. Was very exciting to see what it was like being there next to the track. Yes, sound was unforgettable, but I'll be honest, it more fun watching it on TV :) By the way F1 rules changes every season, is not helping to get more excitement in this sport in my opinion.

Last edited:
I went to Silverstone GP a few years ago. Was very exciting to see what it was like being there next to the track. Yes, sound was unforgettable, but I'll be honest, it more fun watching it on TV :) By the way F1 rules changes every season, is not helping to get more excitement in this sport in my opinion.
http://www.njdeco.co.uk/dulwich.html

Oh yeah, you can get much better coverage from TV (as with most sports coverage), but I want to go for the visceral experience. We received four tickets two days ago and it ought to be a blast for two fathers and their sons.

If today's race (Abu Dhabi) is any indication, the event in Austin will be great. This has been one of the best F1 seasons ever.

Enjoy the race Steve.

Sadly, we will not be able to go to Austin this year. But it will be an exciting last 2 races for sure. I sure hope Alonso can pull it off. He deserves the 2012 WDC title moreso than Vettel IMHO. Although I like Vettel, and think he will go on to win more titles, I think this season, Alonso has worked harder than anyone on the grid to get the points he has. Ferrari has admitted that the car is not fast enough to win. The lackluster performance of Massa shows this, even though he has improved in the last half of the season. Alonso is just able to will the performance out of the car in an almost magical fashion.

Sad to see Schumi throwing in the towel....again....sure he has not done what he wanted to do in his return. But how could he expect to get there in only 3 years? I still have a glimmer of hope to see him in a Ferrari again...no doubt he could call Luca any day and have a seat. Not holding my breath though.

Raikonnen is still hilarious in the interviews. I do not follow european marketing, but I would not be surprised if he does not have any commercial endorsement deals. He just does not seem "polished" enough to be on TV as a spokesperson for anything. I love it. Glad to see him get a W.

Great season overall. And happy that everything fell into place in Austin. I there was some doubt, but there is no question that F1 wants to be in the USA. And they made it happen regardless of the politics and the speed bumps that got in the way. It should be a great race! Whoever goes, let us know how good your seats are so I know what to book for 2013. :)

Well? Who went and how was it? Exciting race for sure. I think it was a bold move by Ferrari to get Alonso on the clean side for the start and it sure paid off! Brilliant! Surprisingly, no questions or comments in the post race interview. I am happy that Alonso was able to stretch it out to the final race. It will be a nail biter. Forza Ferrari!

Came across this thread and I thought I'd contribute something since I am a big fan. Anyone still updated? Well, the recently concluded Monaco Grand Prix is such a devastating race for Lewis Hamilton. He could have emerged victorious if it wasn't for the team's miscalculation. The whole team in general is at fault but it's more like Mercedes is the only one who had nothing to lose. Rosberg, a fellow Mercedes driver won.

Came across this thread and I thought I'd contribute something since I am a big fan. Anyone still updated? Well, the recently concluded Monaco Grand Prix is such a devastating race for Lewis Hamilton. He could have emerged victorious if it wasn't for the team's miscalculation. The whole team in general is at fault but it's more like Mercedes is the only one who had nothing to lose. Rosberg, a fellow Mercedes driver won.

As a long Ferrari fan, this season is a little disappointing. This years car is a lot better than last, but still a step off the Merc pace. Personally I can't stand Rosberg, but I like Hamilton okay. I'm a big Kimi fan.

It'll take a lot to convince my inner conspiracist that the team didn't work this season to get Nico the title.

Latest posts

Back