Formula One Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Kubica, there's one lucky SOB. I'm gald he'll be back for indy. What a ride...

That is a ride I NEVER want to take! YEOW! Had to hurt!

Great to see all the USGP coverage! LOVE IT! Missing not being there this year! Liked RS comment that there should be a 2nd USGP!

I missed quali. today :(

Where are you getting your info? Just curious.

Should be a close race tomorrow!

The race was awesome. Teamates testing each other all over the place. Not a lot of passing though, not even during pit stops which is unusual! Man can that LH drive a car or WHAT?! That kid might be the best hope for some name changes in the record book that MS pretty much owns...

Yeah....good racing between teammates! Nice! And Ferrari wasnt really that far back at the end. Hope for the european races is still high.

But yeah....Hamilton is going to be huge! And if he sticks with McLaren, I think Alonso might want to jump ship....to Ferrari maybe? If Kimi doesnt shape up, I dont see the guys at Maranello wanting to keep him around...

Great race. LH is amazing, could be the champ this year.

Finally got to catch it in HD, since Fox is transmitting the 4 mid-year races in HD.

Too bad Speed is not in HD yet.

Great race. LH is amazing, could be the champ this year.

Finally got to catch it in HD, since Fox is transmitting the 4 mid-year races in HD.

Too bad Speed is not in HD yet.

I don't think the other races are going to be in HD. F1 isn't universally in HD yet and it was only this time because it was Fox's coverage. Speed in HD would be awesome! I download MotoGP races that are better quality than their tapes.

I don't think the other races are going to be in HD. F1 isn't universally in HD yet and it was only this time because it was Fox's coverage. Speed in HD would be awesome! I download MotoGP races that are better quality than their tapes.

I look forward to the day all F1 is in HD! That will be NICE!

I could see Alonso taking Kimi's place at Ferrari and probably helping them keep/make their cars faster! They need some help. It also would not totally surprise me if Schumi got back involved in a big way behind the scenes to bring them back into contention.

I am sure they are turning to Schumi for ideas right now! I dont think he has been behind the wheel at the test track yet, but it wouldnt surprise me a bit. They say he has a consulting role with the engineering of the cars, but more importantly, he is involved in the tuning of their road cars...interesting. I can see Ferrari offering a special MS edition 430 or something not too far off in the future. :)

I think Ferrari is seriously missing Schumi since he excelled at working with the engineers to make the car better. Kimi either doesn't have that skill or just wont do it; however, Ferrari new that going into the deal. If Ferrari is smart they'll kit out Schumi in the test car and have him develop it before the season is too far gone.

I think Ferrari is seriously missing Schumi since he excelled at working with the engineers to make the car better. Kimi either doesn't have that skill or just wont do it; however, Ferrari new that going into the deal. If Ferrari is smart they'll kit out Schumi in the test car and have him develop it before the season is too far gone.

I agree, but to fix the problem, they will need a new driver...one who can do what Michael did with the team...unfortunately that means Lewis Hamilton, or maybe Alonso...there aren't many drivers out there with skills other than driving....this is where Michael excelled. He could communicate with the rest of the team in a way that they knew exactly what needed to be done to the car to make it faster....of course it may have only made it faster in the hands of Michael Schumacher...but faster nonetheless.

It might take several years for the team to get back into the groove and state they were in when Michael was there. But they will get back on top...they always have. I am not worried one bit. But this Hamilton kid.....look out...hes good...real good.

need a new driver...one who can do what Michael did with the team...unfortunately that means Lewis Hamilton, or maybe Alonso...

He could communicate with the rest of the team in a way that they knew exactly what needed to be done to the car to make it faster....of course it may have only made it faster in the hands of Michael Schumacher.

I agree, but unfortunately many folks in addition to Ross Brawn have left either permanently or for a short time and that has hurt the team almost as much as Schumi being gone! Alonso would have been a MUCH better choice for them than Kimi as he can really RALLY folks around him. The benefit (other than the amazing driving skills) of Hamilton is he is a British bloke and the team ABSOLUTELY ADORES HIM!! They would stay up 24/7 for that boy! He is going to be a FORCE in F1 for years to come...heck he already IS!

And ol' Ron will do everything he can to keep him at McLaren...Ferrari can throw a ton of money at him though if they wanted too....it will be interesting to see what happens to driver lineups next year if this season ends as it has started....

Alonso isnt going to be too happy if Hamilton shows him up at McLaren, and would likely welcome a move to Ferrari if the offer was there....at least thats how I see it.

I agree, but unfortunately many folks in addition to Ross Brawn have left either permanently or for a short time and that has hurt the team almost as much as Schumi being gone!
I'd say more. The team behind Schumi were able to win a championship in a Benetton with a bleedin' Frod engine. They turned Ferrari around as if the '70s and '80s had never happened. Sure, some drivers are slightly better than others, but the teams are more often than not paired on the grid because it's the engineers that are winning the races. Hell, Schumacher usually wasn't even the fastest driver in his car when he drove a Sauber-Mercedes.

I also can't wait for it to be on HD. I just hope it's in our lifetime.:)

I look forward to the day all F1 is in HD! That will be NICE!

I could see Alonso taking Kimi's place at Ferrari and probably helping them keep/make their cars faster! They need some help. It also would not totally surprise me if Schumi got back involved in a big way behind the scenes to bring them back into contention.

Did anybody see Dr. Z standing behind the MM winners?

I thought that guy was just a actor doing the commercials. LOL!

Ford has like double the Grand Prix victories than the next closest competitor!

Ferrari has more, but they've had almost 60 years to win races. Ford certainly has a lot of wins, but they're almost all from '67 to the early '80s or thereabouts when the turbos came to power (no charge for the pun). The DFV was a great engine but its success was due to Ford money (not engineering) and a lack of other engine builders competing with it. My point was that the Frod that Schumacher (or more specifically Ross Brawn) won with was hugely underpowered compared to the Renault and it was a result of the team and designers that success was even remotely possible. That and Williams' total ineptitude at pit strategy! Oh, and there was the bit about Schumacher diving into the side of Hill's car.

From wiki: "In 2004, Ferrari also surpassed Ford as the most successful F1 engine manufacturer, with 182 wins (to Ford's 176 wins). Due to the availability of the Cosworth V8 to private teams, a total of 6,639 Ford-powered cars were entered since 1967, compared to 1,979 starts for Ferrari and Petronas-badged engines."

Back