Formula One Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a longtime F1 fan myself (for my age) and Ferrari has always been my team.

It's interesting to watch McLaren and Ferrari duke it out like a few years ago. I'll echo everyone's sentiments on Hamilton. He's the new talent to keep your eye on over the next few years. It'll be fun to see how this season pans out.

If Ferrari gets back on the pace, it will certainly be an interesting year to watch! Should be pretty exciting. I am MOST impressed with the BMW/Sauber team! Are they kicking it or WHAT?! To bad Villenueve could not get the best out of them or motivate them to do better! Once he was gone that whole team turned around! What was he doing there, other than sucking the life right out of them all?!

If Ferrari gets back on the pace, it will certainly be an interesting year to watch! Should be pretty exciting. I am MOST impressed with the BMW/Sauber team! Are they kicking it or WHAT?! To bad Villenueve could not get the best out of them or motivate them to do better! Once he was gone that whole team turned around! What was he doing there, other than sucking the life right out of them all?!

So I guess we know who was right when Williams was blaming BMW and BMW was blaming Williams for their poor performance! :D

So I guess we know who was right when Williams was blaming BMW and BMW was blaming Williams for their poor performance! :D

Villenueve was a jerk. That's all there is to it. I never liked that guy.

BMW is doing a great job so far for being in a new program, I'd like to see them get on the podium before the season's done.

Yea, I think so!! What is Willams using this year? Toyota power? They are pretty close to or better in performance too, so I guess they have not totally given up the ghost yet!

While I am on the topic of Toyota, et. al. is there are more overpaid person in the WORLD than R. Schumacher?! WTF! That dude SUCKS! At least when his bro' was around he wanted to beat him so bad he would work the car hard and at least not look like a TOTAL BONE HEAD, but this year Trulli has put a whipping on him that just can't be denied! The guy SUCKS!

Villenueve was a jerk. That's all there is to it. I never liked that guy.

BMW is doing a great job so far for being in a new program, I'd like to see them get on the podium before the season's done.

My wife LOVED JV, not sure why, I think she likes his BLUE eyes and he is cute, like a little kid or something. I don't know...whatever.

I think BMW WILL make the podium this year. I think it will take a misstep by Ferrari AND McLaren, but that day will come. The front pair will take each other out and BMW will be right there waiting for 2nd or 3rd. I look forward to it!

Wow....McLaren is really bringing their A game to North America this year! Its going to be one intense season....a great battle (hopefully) between Ferrari and McLaren looms on the horizon. And what about BMW? Nice drive by Heidfeld this morning...especially after they deleted his fastest time and he brought home P3 on the next lap...take that stewards! :)

Ouch....that was a brutal race....for everyone except the top 3 anyway. :) Congrats to LH on his first F1 win....and certainly not his last.

Hey that BMW podium came sooner rather than later! Ferrari...... ouch.

The first headline I see on MSN.com "Hamilton becomes first black driver to win F1 race." :( When will the media be able to see past the color and just say how good he is at such a young age?

Damn that Hamilton kid can drive a race car! WOW! He is AMAZING! Oh, did I mention he is BLACK TOO! Yea, I agree w/ the previous post about race/color. It has never been an issue for me. I look at a persons character, not their color!

I have always like Alex Wruz too and was SUPER glad to see his 3rd place on his 10th ann. in F1!! Well done AW! The dude started like 18th too!! Amazing drive really!

"Hamilton becomes first black driver to win F1 race." :( When will the media be able to see past the color and just say how good he is at such a young age?

Once all the barriers are broken I suspect.

McLaren's 2007 season is starting to remind us of the team's 1988 season with Prost and Senna. That was when an established double world champion, considered one of the all-time greats, found himself up against a younger, faster (understatement) teammate.

Last edited:
McLaren's 2007 season is starting to remind us of the team's 1988 season with Prost and Senna. That was when an established double world champion, considedred one of the all-time greats, found himself up against a younger, faster (understatement) teammate.

I was not watching F1 then, but I am VERY FAMILIAR with that season! It is talked about often during F1 coverage!

A bit OT -- does anyone follow Moto GP? That was a fantastic race in Catalunya. Now there's another fast kid (Casey Stoner)!

A bit OT -- does anyone follow Moto GP? That was a fantastic race in Catalunya. Now there's another fast kid (Casey Stoner)!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to kill you. :(

My local CBS affailliate didn't show the race, so I had to download the torrent which just finished last night. Up until now I'd managed to avoid the news and I didn't know who won.

But yes, I follow MotoGP. :) Motorcycle racing can have more passes in a lap than F1 does in a season. Plus you're fully aware of the effort the riders are putting forth (especially if you've tried to rustle a motorcycle around a track at even a brisk pace).

I LOVE MotoGP, but have not follwed it much this year. I can't believe how bad Hayden is SUCKING this year! He has the #1 on the front of his bike and I have not seen him finish in the top 5 EVEN yet this year! Now I have not been watching all the races, but PLEASE, how did he luck into the #1 last year if he can't even beat his teamate this year?!

Plus you're fully aware of the effort the riders are putting forth (especially if you've tried to rustle a motorcycle around a track at even a brisk pace).

AMEN! Just look at SlowGeezers pic, that is Steve on that bike! He is CRAZY! I tried that once and then decided to do Moto-X?! I only broke my back doing the Moto-X, probably would have killed my self doing road racing! Still NEED another crotch rocket w/ retracts so I don't fall over when I pull up to a stop sign! Some day!

I LOVE MotoGP, but have not follwed it much this year. I can't believe how bad Hayden is SUCKING this year! He has the #1 on the front of his bike and I have not seen him finish in the top 5 EVEN yet this year! Now I have not been watching all the races, but PLEASE, how did he luck into the #1 last year if he can't even beat his teammate this year?!
He won last year on consistency. A lot of people have said he didn't "earn" it, but he had the most points at the end of the year so I can't imagine wtf they're talking about.

The bike really doesn't suit him this year. Also, he's usually the 2nd or 3rd among the 6 (IIRC) Hondas so he's not doing *THAT* bad. Added to that, his Michelins are getting lambasted by the Bridgestones, Rossi's the only one to win and the only one I can remember even getting to the podium on Michelins.

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to kill you. :(

Er, oops! Sorry about that; I'll let a few days pass next time.

Am sure you enjoyed watching that race. Rossi said Casey rode "like a god."

I saw the GP race, even if you know who won it is still worth watching. There were a lot of lead changes :)

Great to see LH get it in the predicted window. Amazing drive.

Kovalinen came through as well with a superb 18th to 4th drive in that race. More amazing driving.

And Kubica, there's one lucky SOB. I'm gald he'll be back for indy. What a ride...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back