Formula One Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he will have a handle on the car VERY SOON... the key will be when he starts beating Nico regularly and by wider and wider margins...that is when we will KNOW he is BACK!

So much for that! lol. Nice picture of him taking out his frustrations of failing miserably in the seat so far.

10hvfp0.jpg

It was a daft move...and he admits it now...but it has nothing to do with him not doing too well this year. That is Schumi...period. He does not go down easy...has he ever just let anyone go by without a fight? hehehe

My hope for Alonso is shaping up. It was a nice battle with Vettel yesterday. Even though Vettel was much faster, Fernando knows where to put his car to keep him behind. Great race for Webber. I would rather see him with a drivers title than Vettel to be honest. He deserves it after all the hard racing he has done with sub-par teams.

I imagine Merc has all but stopped any major development on this year's car and has devoted a majority of their efforts on preparing for 2011. This will hopefully bring things around for Michael to be more competitive.

All in all it is a great season and nothing makes me more happy than to see Hamilton fall behind in the points and seeing Ferrari come on strong for the last half of the season. At the rate they are going, they should be able to pass McLaren in the points and maybe even pose a threat to RBR.

But this year belongs to Red Bull no doubt about it. I think in the end, Webber will likely edge out Vettel and take the WDC. But it is F1 and anything is possible.

Looks like my predictions from august were pretty much spot on. I am hoping Alonso can hang in there and fight for the title through the last 3 races. You know he wants it as bad as Webber and Vettel. But that Red Bull is so damn fast! I think Hamilton is done...and that is fine with me. :)

Forza Ferrari!!

Well 2011 is here. Schumacher is still tooling around behind the top 3 teams....Renault is surprisingly fast! Did you see their start at Malaysia? Takes me back to '05-'07 Renault launches.

I figured that Vettel would start out where he left off. So far he has. Webber does not seem to be in form yet. Hamilton seems frustrated already. Ferrari off to a sketchy start again. Alonso made a mistake and cost him some points. It is fun to watch DRS and KERS used for passing.

Only 2 races in, and I am going to predict Vettel for the WDC repeat in 2011. And I expect a tight fight for the constructors title. Maybe a 4 way fight? Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Renault? I really want to see Mercedes provide Schumi with the hardware he needs to bring the lumber. Wait and see. :)

Forza Ferrari!!!

Wow, that was a great race. DRS is proving to be a great tool to increase number of passes. This makes the race more interesting.

It was a great race. Lots of pit stops and lots of overtaking. Although I think the DRS activation zone was staged a bit earlier than it should have been. They made it way to easy to scoot by the guy in front IMHO.

But good race for Alonso! :)

I really want to see Mercedes provide Schumi with the hardware he needs to bring the lumber. Wait and see. :)

Forza Ferrari!!!

Schumacher can hardly compete with Rosberg. He isn't going to bring anything to anyone. He should've stayed retired and I suspect that this will be his last season after continuing to run midpack.

I have to disagree, but only time will tell. I think it is more exciting having him on the track period, regardless of where he is racing. :) The car is quite faster than where they left off last season. No doubt that Michael's feedback and working with the engineers and RB have had some effect there.

Wow. It has been nearly a year since I posted here?! Not much has changed really I guess. Although it is looking like Red Bull might not be as far ahead as they were a year ago. In fact, in Melbourne, McLaren looked to be in a much better position. But I never predict anything until the 3rd race at least. Alonso put down some quick times. Schumacher was looking good until his car broke.

Here is to the 2012 season. Surely it will be eventful. 6 of the 24 F1 world champions on the grid. A sketchy atmosphere surrounding Bahrain. Some skepticism about the US race in November (at least by some folks here). At least the racing is close. Although I always enjoyed watching Schumi run off with all the races, it made for rather boring races. :)

Anyone with their predictions for 2012?

Great start to the season, if the first race is any guide, we'll have a great year.

My prediction :

McLaren will be top three, with good odds of winning. Both drivers have a shot, and Buttons legendary tire management skill will be critical this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Malaysia was exciting! I hope Schumacher can cash in on his good qualifying performances. I think he is working with Brawn and the engineers to develop the Merc to suit him better than last year's car and also better than it seems to be working for Nico at the moment. And although it was not due to them having the best car, good job on Ferrari and Alonso for the win! Where did Sauber come from too?

I am still going to withhold any long term predictions until at least Monaco, but it does appear that McLaren have the best car on the grid at this moment. I have hope for Alonso.....he seems to be able to consistently get more out of that Ferrari than Massa.

It will be an exciting year.

Well....after 3 races, it is still hard for me to predict anything. But it does appear that so far, Red Bull has lost its dominance. I would have to say that so far, Mercedes is looking much improved, Ferrari has taken a step back....2 steps for Massa for some reason. McLaren looks good and consistent. And then you have Renault, Williams, and Sauber....lots of great fighting in the midfield.

Bad luck for Schumacher. I think a Mercedes 1-2 was in order in China. :) But way to go Rosberg on his first pole AND first victory! It must be a relief to finally get there after over 100 races.

Excited for Bahrain this weekend!

On a side note, I watched the documentary "Senna" on Netflix the other day. Excellent insight into the life of Ayrton Senna and who he was as a person as well as a race driver. Also points to some of the inner workings of F1 in the 80's and 90's. Check it out if you have not yet.

This is going to be an exciting season! With Mercedes rocking it and McLaren stronger than ever and freaking Sauber really showing some stuff too! Ferrari suck, but Alonso can freaking drive the wheels off a car! That guy is nothing short of amazing! Put him in even the 2nd best car on the grid and he will win another championship! Heck, he might do it from even further back in the pack than that if these first races are any indication!

Red Bull is nowhere and I could not be happier to see that snot nose whiner Vettle getting his butt kicked! I'd like to see Webber beat him at every remaining race this year!

Button is the master of tire care and wet weather and I would LOVE to see him or Alonso win the whole thing this year!

I REALLY want to see Schumi on the top step at least once this year too! He has the speed and consistency but needs a bit of luck it seems!

Looks like he accidentally flicked the downforce off..

Something to do with the flux capacitor and the kph equivalent of 88 mph. :)

That is what happens when rubber meets rubber.

Exciting race in Monaco! Man, Schumacher looks really good but his luck does not. Of course he rear ended someone in the previous race...that cannot help. :)

I just rode the motorcycle down to the F1 track, just to look it over. It's amazing what they've done to the place in so short of a time! They are really about ready for the upcoming race. I know this because, while I was there, five 18 wheelers pulled into the complex carrying Pepsi products! :D

Back