Martin Logan 2nd Annual Chicago Meet: Official Thread!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to thank everyone for the great time I had on Saturday.

Wayne: Thanks for the CD you burned for us. (Yes you are Tall).
Chris: Great job with the pics.
Joey: As always I learned so much from you and listening to your ever evolving system.
Bruke: Thanks for the great food, Beer and the HT experience.

It was truly nice to get out for the day and not worry about anything. This is the plus side of our hobby the kind and fun people I meet.

Thanks again for a wonderful day.

As a Plinius owner, doing a quick switch from A/B to A will not really show off the ability of this amp in Class A. It takes about an hour to reach stability and to reach its full Class A sound potential (yes the sound does change over the first hour). And the differences then compared to the quick swich change is not subtle.Dan

I'll second that !!

To the Chicago contingent........ looks like a good time was had by all !

Joey, I'm glad Wayne didn't have to tie you to a lamp post and that you will be registered shortly ! Also, BTW, if you do run your Plinius for any length of time in Class A in the location you have it in your rack you WILL cook it !! I for one believe a 'free air cooled' class A amp should NEVER be put in a rack, rather out in the open !!

I'll second that !!

To the Chicago contingent........ looks like a good time was had by all !

Joey, I'm glad Wayne didn't have to tie you to a lamp post and that you will be registered shortly ! Also, BTW, if you do run your Plinius for any length of time in Class A in the location you have it in your rack you WILL cook it !! I for one believe a 'free air cooled' class A amp should NEVER be put in a rack, rather out in the open !!

All I can say is, I wish you were here Dave... wish you were here. :D

As a Plinius owner, doing a quick switch from A/B to A will not really show off the ability of this amp in Class A. It takes about an hour to reach stability and to reach its full Class A sound potential (yes the sound does change over the first hour). While there is a difference when switching, that you heard and stated, you should really hear the amp after it has been in Class A for an hour or two, this is where it will really start to shine and show its abilities. And the differences then compared to the quick swich change is not subtle.

Dan

I made the mistake of switching A-A/B on the Minis, but when on the Summits, the difference between the two circuit biases is more than subtle. It's appreciable to a good extent! Like Wayne and several others said, on Class A, the vocals come together and it gets pulled outwards towards the listener.

Hey.. if that's subtle, I'll gladly take it! We need everything we can get in this crazy hobby of ours!

Joey :)

Wayne: Thanks for the CD you burned for us.
You guys will have to let me know what you thought of the disc.
Since I picked it up because of a review by one of our fellow MLC members, Kruppy. It's become one my most listened to discs.

(Yes you are Tall).
You all make it sound like I'm some kind of freak.
The fact of the matter is your all short!!:D

I must admit I didn't know what to expect when we got together because I don't consider myself an audiophile, I was pleasantly surprised to find out for the most part we're all music lovers and not obsessive compulsive types when it comes to gear, cables, etc.

Cherian I enjoyed your sense of humour and common sense approach to audio, and eclectic taste in music.

Joey I'm amazed at the equipment you've managed to aquire while going to school, You remind me of my eldest son who has no income but manages to aquire anything and everything he wants.

Burke, Dinner out on the deck was great. Not only are you a Summit owner, but you also have a dedicated room. Lucky Man!

Chris I think you had the best time of all!! You were grinning from ear to ear the entire day. Thank you for the great pics and narrative.

Looking forward to the next Chicago gathering, My Place of course. I insist.

Joey, less than 3 weeks to sign up for the National Get Together.
GIT ER DONE!!!!
We know where you live.:devil:

See you all in KC
:cheers:

Guys.. I'm whispering this to you... I think we have the best regional MLO group by far! 3rd Annual Chicago MLO Meet will definitely include Wayne's place for shizzle!

:cheers:

And yes, Chris DID have the best time there!!!

looks like it was great fun. Showing coming to NC. WooHoo!

I'm a little confused about the Wilson's....casters on the speaker? That's what you get for $50K? that's ridiculous.

I'm a little confused about the Wilson's....casters on the speaker? That's what you get for $50K? that's ridiculous.

JT, They are mighty heavy speakers, the castors facilitate easy movement into position at which point they can be replaced with spikes.

JT, They are mighty heavy speakers, the castors facilitate easy movement into position at which point they can be replaced with spikes.

OK. They demo them with castors though? That doesn't seem proper to me. Even I could make a castor/spike combo. Something that the castor comes down step on a lever and then the spike comes down. For $50K that's what I think they should have.

Back