Michigan Get Together

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next George broke out some light vocal music the we mulled over ,I cant recall the name , (It was a obscure recording that he said he just found, and has not had a long listen to) Over The Rhine .............George that it sounded Like he was sitting in the small venue The Ark he seen him at in Ann Arbor MI.

..........George broke out a old recording of Candy O by the Carsit was the Cars debut LP, the last two tracks "Moving in Stereo" was one of them. ...........
George then took me up on that and broke out Deep Purple, and proceeded to "Turn it up " as they say. I had Ritchie Blackmore front row center pounding out those famous opening guitar riffs. As george sipped his beer and looked like a 17 year old at a concert. minus a fat roll-ya-own

George made friends fast with my wife as he presented her with a fine White micro brew as a warming gift, that was great. from Portland Maine; Allagash White Beer

Good times were had, thanks for hosting the event Chris.
:rocker:

Last edited:
I must have missed Over the Rhine. I've seen this band live. They opened up for the Cowboy Junkies the last time I saw them at the State Theater in Ann Arbor a good number of years ago. For a long time, I had been meaning to pick a recording by them, but eventually forgot about them. I need to put them back on my "to buy" list.

Bob/Kruppy this is the artist I saw at the "Hill" in Ann Arbor and could not remember his name.

Concert-Ticket.jpg

Here are a few pictures from our Listening / B/S session Saturday Dec. 8 First Chris's fine system.

Attachments

• IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 115
The gang L to R Kruppy Katchi CAP & Kenscollick As I said earlier I took along a non audophile he is behind katchi Talking to him later he was telling me that his wife was thinking about a bose system. He told her that I said they were junk and should consider something else.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 105
THE SPREAD Chris knows how to feed an audiophile.

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 111
Allrighty, here were my music selections for the afternoon:

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - (title same):
Almost the entire disk

Pepe Romero - Flamenco Flamenco:
1) Noche En Malaga

ALO - Roses and Clover:
1) Maria
2) Empty Vessel
4) Roses and Clover
7) Plastic Bubble

Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals - Lifeline
6) Say You Will
8) Put it on Me

Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
1) Either Way
3) Impossible Germany
4) Sky Blue Sky
11) White Light

Luka Bloom - Innocence
2) First Light of Spring
3) Innocence

Luka Bloom - Turf
1) Cold Comfort
2) True Blue
7) To Begin To

Glad to hear the Michigan contingent had a great time and Chris's system was enjoyed by all ! Now if you guys can only figure out what has happened to those Detroit Lions ??

So, with all these "Regional" happenings who's going to step up and organize the National event for next year ??

Drawings of cars and other things left on my post-it-note pad that day.

Little-Girl-Car-Sketches.jpg

There was an artist in the house.;)

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the next one of these Michigan get-togethers.

:D

~VDR

Back