Michigan Get Together

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
This was brought up on another thread, I would like to host A listening /BS session at my home. I am located in Holly Michigan approx 50 miles north of Detroit. Most evenings are good, weekends could also work lets get talking about it.

System #3

I'm in....

Count me in.

Depending on how late things go in the evenings, my preference is a Friday night or a day on the weekend. I'm up at 4am every weekday and have a difficult time staying up late. Yeah, I know that's weak....

Holly is about 45min away from me, I believe.

Weekend-wise, I think the only one I'm not available for in May is next weekend, which is probably too quick to arrange anything for anyways. My wife is taking a 4 day girlfriends only trip and I'm going solo with the 3 kids (Lord help me).

Krup, I used to live in rochester hills and you are right About 45 minutes friday is good is good weekends get a little busy who else is interested?

Come on Metro Detroit/South Eastern Mi people where are you? The Chicago group is putting us to shame....:(

I'm open to suggestions, I'll say up front that my house is small and I'd have to give my wife a head's up so she could clean the place up a little.

I'd drive out to Troy or where-ever, no problem. Not May 18th though, sometime after that.

And NOT Father's day weekend either mid-June.

Come on Metro Detroit/South Eastern Mi people where are you? The Chicago group is putting us to shame....:(

Oh yes my friend.... we're on our 2nd meet.... going on our 3rd. :rocker:

Meets

My, my.... getting a bit competitive are we? Maybe we NC people will have to give you a run for your money! hehe. :D I'd be happy to demonstrate the SB3 for those interested in seeing one up close.

I am still all for a get together at my place my system has never sounded better.

The benefit of a small group:

1. less fighting over the sweet spot
2. the beer lasts longer.

How about a Sunday afternoon? May 13 or the 27th. works for me.

I might be able to squeeze in the 13th. I have been asked to help push a 57 Chevy into a storage space, but that should take place mid-morning.

Note: It needs a carb and a fuel pump but should be up for sale soon. Send me a PM if interested, it's not mine but I know the guy who owns it. We also need one more guy to push - it's big, black and heavy.

Sorry I missed this thread. Been slammed at work w/ no time for reading but I am interested in doing this as well. My only time constraints are that I will be down on St John USVI for my wedding and honeymoon from May 13-26th. You by no means have to work around my schedule, but if it works out I would love to be there. I will try to check back more often.
:cheers: Jim

I think either date (13th or 26th) are ok with me. If we end up holding out until June for Jim (J Lustig) which I have no problem with I'm not available on the 10th. I have a charity bike ride I'm participating in.

If it turns into a June thing, I am good most any day except for the 1st and the 9th as long as I have some advance notice. If I don't make this one than hopefully I can catch round 2.

I can wait till june 2 or 3 are good with me heading out for the weekend feel free to call 248 245 1104 We can make it a little earlier in the day and have some BBQ.

Personally for me, the more the better, as I have very limited "audiophile" experience (sorry I don't mean to try to make this a big group meeting at Kenscollick's house and not mine). In situations like this I tend to sit back and observe more than add to the disscusions and more input the more I learn. I'd like to use this as an educational experience for me in addition to meeting people with common intrests.

I'm ok with waiting for Jim if everyone else's schedule works.

George (Kach22i) does that work for you?

There's a couple other MI people that haven't chimed in, CAP and Newbie Nick. Anyone else?

How about Saturday June 2 around 3:00pm should give us time to listen compare sprits and something off the Grill. I am pretty flexible for the whole weekend if Sunday is better I am OK with it.

Kenscollick, I'm good with that.

Already have a couple of good disks picked out.

Edit: Just to clarify my Sunday, I'm busy until about 3. I could probably be in Holly by a 4pm start if that ends up working best for everyone else.

Last edited:
Back