Famous Quotes ~ To Live By...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
:) My famous quotes for today are:

A person starts to live when she can live outside herself. - Albert
Einstein

The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity. - Tolstoy

Trust Your Ears. - Roberto

Do you have any good quote's which inspire you?

From my mom -
"You always have time for the things you put first on your list".

And from my dad -
"Nothing very good, nor very bad, lasts for very long."

And from Forrest Gump -
"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time." - Forrest Gump

From Arthur C. Clark's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress":
"TANSTAAFL"
Which stands for There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

From various:
"Don't get so upset over things out of your control" (along with its corollary, "Don't sweat the little stuff").

"Who said life had to be fair?"
From me:
"Don't fret about it, those are simply the rules. Now keep them in mind and go out and enjoy life."

Mine-

Oh, that's right, can't tell you yet...in the middle of getting TM.

From mom:

"Look at her mother. That is what she will look like when she is that age." Telling me how to know if a girl is going to stay as pretty at 40 as she is at 20. LOL! I should have listened more closely... :devil: I am going to burn in hell for that! LOL!

From dad:

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut." So no matter what you do if you do it long enough you will eventually get it right...

Ludwig Feuerbach 19th century German philosopher

“The present age ... prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, fancy to reality, the appearance to the essence ... for in these days illusion only is sacred, truth profane.”

Karl Marx, student and acolyte of Feuerbach

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand. "

Among others!

Last edited:
It is high time that the ideal of success should be replaced by the ideal of service.
--Albert Einstein

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
--Margaret Mead

Mark S.

Mark Twain:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Woody Allen:

"Eighty percent of success is showing up."

And my all time personal favorite by Oliver Wendell Holmes:

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. "

From my Grandfather -

"No matter what, if it's got t!t$ or a carburator on it, it's eventually going to give you trouble."

"Dont be a smartass... or my foot will go up your ass."
Red Foreman, 70s Show

"If I can think it, you can do it" A former engineering manager of mine with a very sarcastic sense of humor.

"It is a mistake to imagine that Germany's worst export
was Hitler. Far from it. That honor is reserved for Karl Marx."

~ a friend of a friend

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace".

Jimi Hendrix

Last edited:
“There are two tragedies in a man's life. The first is to have failed to have reached your goal. The second is to have reached it.”

- Nietzsche

Substitute "audiophile" for "man" and we're in business.

This one is for all you Joeyitis sufferers:

“The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring.”
-- Francis H. Bradley

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." -John Lubbock

"Life is largely a matter of expectation." - Horace

<Space Reserved> :D

Last edited:
Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.
Sir Winston Churchill
British politician (1874 - 1965)

Back