New way to protect your Summits and Vantages

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgun5

Reaction score
I have just finished a project that I'm taking to market. It is a commercial anti-static vinyl cover for the Vantages and Vistas. Not only will it keep the dust off the panels, but it provides more inportant UV protection. I'm making one for the Summit also.

I am targeting a retail of $34.95/pr for the V's and $39.95/pr for the S. I'm making these available to the group for $29/pr and $34/pr.

Let me know what you think.

Tom Roberts

Attachments

• speaker cover 2.jpg
    speaker cover 2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,583
  • speaker cover 6.jpg
    speaker cover 6.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,143
Tom,

ML used to make a nice twill cloth version of those for Aerius, Ascent, Prodigy, etc. etc. Even the center channel's. They covered the WHOLE speaker and had the ML logo embroidered on the bottom. They were/are VERY NICE, but they were EXPENSIVE! I still have one for sale for a Cinema, and I still have mine for the Ascent and can't find mine for the Aerius... Never bought them for Prodigy or Script and didn't have the Theater when they still made those. They don't make/sell them anymore.

For the price you are talking you might have a winner there...

Tom,
I like the idea!
Any plans for other models?
Other colors besides white?
Other colors for the lettering besides red? Perhaps ML blue

Tom. a great idea. Make mine black!

I second this...can you make it in black (with white lettering)?? Free shipping in USA??

Last edited:
I originally thought black as well but there is no material that I have found that is anti-static like the frosty vinyl. although the pictures don't really do them justice, the frosty color does show most of the speaker through it so it's almost like they are no color at all. The pics make them look more white and they actually more transparent.

The blue lettters are no problem as I hadn't decided on the color yet anyway.

Black is still an option if everone doesn't think the anti-static thing is an issue. Price would go up to about $39.95/pr.

And yes, the promotional group price includes shipping.

Keep the input coming and I'll make the final product decision soon.

Thanks group

OOPS Forgot to answer the outrigger question. I am an authorized reseller of these, which are made in 4 sizes and 3 spike versions. Heavy gauge steel -powdercoated - and then with very substantial skikes in brass or black chrome.

They make a wonderful improvement to the sound and have enough adjustment to get any panel angle you want. Also very easy to adjust in comparison to the under-cabinet stock set-up. Lets face it, the footprint of the Logan cabinets are so narrow, the spikes are hard to adjust and the speaker doesn't sit as well as with the wider outriggers.

I am putting together a group program on this item as well and should have the product pricing in hand by the end of the week.

Tgun,

I was thinking... velvet??

Hmm... sooo nice.... soo luxurious.... the only way to treat the MLs....

Joey

Tom,

Very good idea, and very nice looking design. I like the look and the practicality of your product. They are a nice looking way of keeping the dust off the Logan Panels when not in use. I would definitely be interested in a pair for my Summits. Let us know when you have the covers for the Summit ready to go to market. I may also be interested in the Outrigger feet.

I like you ideas for both the panel cover and outtrigger. Interrested in both. A closer picture of the outtrigger would be appreciated. Waiting for all details for possible order.

Musicman

Tom, Good morning, another Vantage owner here, I'm interested as well. Looking forward to your 'release' date !!

Excelent executions of some very usefull accessories! unfortunately (for you) my vantages came with covers, not as svelt as yours but usefull all the same. What i would really like are a pair of sets of those outrigger spikes - BINGO!
Would you PM me as to how I can purchase those?
Thanks,
Beakman

Very nice,

I love the whole idea and many pats on the back for taking the initiative to create a product that so many people need.

My only hope is that you create some for the Ascents and claritys I own.

Any chance we could see some "throw back" models?

Dominick

Great idea. I have Ascent i's over here. Let us know when it's possible to order.

PS: Joey, did you get my email?

Back